Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Hybrid – Combination of remote and at our office: 1301-1809 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS
Salary: $42,000 – $50,000
** Please include a cover letter with your resume
At Digital Nova Scotia, we hire great people.
We’re seeking an organized, innovative thinker with strong communications and interpersonal skills to join the Digital Nova Scotia team as a Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator will be primarily responsible for leading the development, planning and evaluation of training initiatives with support from the Project Manager. Key focuses of the role will be communicating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders, third-party training facilitators, program participants and community members.
The successful candidate will have proven people and problem-solving skills, the ability to work independently and across different teams, and previous coordination experience. Knowledge of the tech industry in Nova Scotia is considered an asset but is not mandatory. Experience with event planning, stakeholder relations, and marketing strategies are also an asset. If you are looking to gain experience in the tech industry, build a career in project management, and work with a creative and collaborative team, this is the ideal role for you.
What does the role look like?
- Lead the planning, implementation, and administration of Digital Nova Scotia’s training portfolio
- Engage with key stakeholders and program participants to support project plans and key initiatives both internally and externally
- Collaborate with multiple team members on creating and leveraging tools and resources to drive in-demand and impactful training initiatives
- Monitor and manage reports related to tech training initiatives
- Support other projects and programs as needed
What we can offer:
We’re a collective of people that value one another, have a strong sense of community, and commitment to what we do. Our team culture is important to us, and we may be a little biased – but our team is pretty wonderful. As a non-profit, we work hard to ensure our team feels valued, appreciated and supported, and offer a few benefits to help show them how we feel:
- A flexible hybrid workplace, with a combination of working from home and at our downtown Halifax office
- Team get-togethers and activities throughout the year – we promise to keep them fun
- A Group Health and Benefits Plan, with 100% of the monthly premiums paid by DNS
- The opportunity to contribute ideas, creativity and input – as a team, we rely on each other to drive success in our projects/programs, and our team culture is a fundamental driver of that
- 15 days vacation annually, in addition to paid time off over the holiday season, 2 MyTime days and 12 public holidays
- Access to professional development opportunities and a health spending allowance
Here’s what we need:
- Problem-solving, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong relationship-building skills and a desire to interact with the various stakeholders and;
- Proactivity towards the job and a willingness to raise concerns and seek answers without instruction.
Here’s what we see as assets for the role:
- Previous experience in project coordination or communication roles;
- Facilitating training, workshops, and/or events and;
- Previous experience or a comfort working within; Google Workspace, Slack, WordPress, and Asana.
About Digital Nova Scotia
Digital Nova Scotia (DNS) is the industry association for Nova Scotia’s $2.5 billion ICT and digital technologies sector. Engaging industry stakeholders and over 250 members, we strive to connect our digital community through impactful programs, networking opportunities, industry events and innovative initiatives. DNS proudly supports business growth, skills development and capacity building, celebrates sector successes, facilitates connections between industry and talent, and drives the province’s digital economy.Apply Now