Project Control Officer (Bedford, NS)
This is a Project Management Associate position at Royal Bank. Financial Crime Technologies is responsible for engineering software solutions in support of our business sponsors (AML, Trade Compliance, Archer, and CS Data Services). In a world where technology is constantly evolving, our group is dedicated to providing cost effective software solutions, delivered at an accelerated development pace. We’ll provide the training, tools, support and flexibility to transform you into a future leader and build the career you want. Start strong and make a real difference for our clients, our communities and your future. This position is the first step on a Project Management career path.
What will you do?
- Support the program & portfolio managers in the set up & execution of project management processes & procedures for Trade Compliance and Archer. The Planning Analyst will report directly to the Sr. Manger of Planning for Finance Crimes and will interact closely with the IT Functional Leads, Business Lead, IT Project/Program Managers, Vendor(s) Project Manager, Corporate Systems Business Management team & Planning Managers. This role includes Financial Control management in support of the Department. The PA will help ensure that financial and best practice reporting, controls and project governance standards are maintained by all pillars in the department.
- Financial Oversight: Owns the accurate reporting of departmental financials (i.e. data quality) in the bank’s enterprise reporting system and identifying issues that require escalation to the Project / Program / Portfolio leadership. Maintaining/drafting/revising program and portfolio financial plans, collecting forecast/actual information from Project & Program Managers, identifying/carrying out variance analysis on the project expenses, running reports on a weekly and as-needed basis. Process accruals, payments, track, and report on invoices, third party, and licensing costs
- Monthly portfolio level Financials, Resource and schedule reporting for senior management. Assist in preparing monthly Steering committee and other Senior Management presentations.
- Project Management Tools & System Governance: Manage the tracking, reporting, and maintenance and set up of projects in various PM tools including but not limited to – Plan view (EPPM), PRISM, MIS. Coordinates the adoption and implementation of new processes to align with the enterprise business process and/or technology solution while maintaining / improving operating efficiency to ensure timeliness and accuracy of workflow
- Administration of Document Repository: Store program and portfolio management documents in the project repository on share point and shared drive, e.g., ensuring that documents are up to date, assisting people in finding documents and encouraging them to be self-sufficient.
- Reports & Presentation Material: at the direction of the program & portfolio managers, drafting specific components for inclusion within reports & discussion materials (e.g., tables, timeline summaries, financial reports, etc).
- Month End Processing: Ensure month end financials are completed and balanced, forecasts are updating and aligned between all PM systems, variances are reported and gaps addressed
- Collaborates with colleagues across the organization to manage project financials efficiently.
- Contributes to project communications including status reporting to all stakeholders.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Functional Leads / Project Managers with resource planning and proposal for hires. Ensure RBC processes are followed for hiring and recruitment by Hiring Managers through guidance and tracking.
What do you need to succeed?
- An attitude for success
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively with minimal supervision
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Superior MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) skills
- Desire to pursue a career in project management for financial services technology projects
- Knowledge related to project cost management, status reporting, general administration, and project management
- Experience in Financial Services Business or Technology, Wealth Management or Brokerage
- PM certification (such as PMI CAPM or ACP)
Learn More About RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers
Address: 120 Western Parkway
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/31/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 419941