Project Administration & Bookkeeper
We are looking for an energetic, experienced bookkeeper and project administrative professional to join our team and help us grow our organization. This role reports to the General Manager (GM), providing administrative support primarily to a Project Manager (PM) and also to the GM, committee Chairs and others when assigned by the GM). You will work in a highly collaborative environment and will carry out the day-to-day functions with minimal direction (after onboarding). Exercising good judgment and discretion, you will ensure the efficient support of the AISC office and provide effective administrative coordination to its multiple priority projects. Versatility, initiative, work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are of prime importance. You will be required to perform at a high level of competency, independence, and professionalism.
- Project support including setting meetings, coordinating agenda development and distribution, meeting support (in-person and virtual), taking detailed minutes/records of discussion, and filing and/or sharing documents.
- Administrative support including receiving, filing, compiling and distributing documents and correspondence; responding to email and phone inquiries; booking logistical requirements and preparing itinerary summaries as needed; using your Microsoft Office Skills;
- Bookeeping including maintaining manual and computerized information; procuring goods and services, using SAGE book keeping software (or a similar product) to support accounts payable, accounts receivable and to track and/or report on project costs; and, completing other financial tasks as required.
- Administrative support to the GM as assigned.
- Project support to a PM as assigned.
- Completion of a one-year post-secondary course (office admin, business) is helpful but not required with equivalent experience.
- SAGE bookkeeping software knowledge/experience preferred; knowledge/experience with a similar software package will be considered.
- Minimum one (1) year related office administration work experience. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be acceptable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and grammatical skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office products, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, SharePoint. Experience with other technology skills such as: videoconferencing (Teams and Zoom), Dropbox, Google Docs, Doodle Polls.
Work With Us
AISC supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes benefits, vacation allowance, professional development.
Job Type: Term
Contract length: 1 year with potential for extension
Expected start date: ASAP (no later than September 6, 2022)
Location: Hybrid – Work from Home, as well as from office at Ragged Lake Industrial Park (Halifax Transit Route #22) (you must live within driving distance of Halifax)
Hours: Part-time, 15 hours a week (flexible work schedule, can be negotiated)
COVID-19 precaution(s): In-person or remote interview options available. Social distancing guidelines in place at the workplace including masking, sanitizing; and cleaning procedures.
All interested candidates must apply no later than NOON July 12, 2022 with cover letter and resume as one document.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Company Website: http://www.aisc.ca