Program Manager Human Systems Integration
About the role
The Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) will be an advanced and modern combat ship, equipped with next generation technology to capably support and protect the men and women of the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) as they fulfil their wide range of missions around the world, from humanitarian assistance to high-intensity conflicts, for the next 40+ years. Canada’s defence policy, “Strong, Secure, Engaged” (SSE), has committed to investing in 15 CSC ships.
The CSC project is the largest and most complex shipbuilding initiative in Canada since World War II. This project will also help revitalize the Canadian shipbuilding industry, sustaining and creating long-term sustainable, high-tech jobs in Canada for next 3-4 decades, enabling our ability to support the ships domestically when in service.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. (ISI) is the Prime contractor to the Government of Canada and Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin) the major subcontractor to provide the Ship Design and the Combat System. The program is currently in the design phase with work underway for the Preliminary Design Review (PDR).
The Program Manager Human Systems Integration (PM HSI) will lead the HSI Cross Product Team (CPT) to facilitate the human-centric design and development of the following Ship Complexes: Operations, Navigation, Medical, Internal Battle, Aviation, Ship Administration. The PM HSI will be responsible for executing the strategy for the application of HSI for the following human system domains:
a. Human Factors Engineering;
b. Crewing and personnel;
e. Health hazards; and
f. Human Survivability.
The position requires that the PM HSI work with the CSC customer, Irving Shipbuilding Inc, Fleetway, CAE, BAE Systems (the ship design agent), US Government Foreign Military Sale (FMS) organization through the Canadian Project Management Office (PMO), and the RCN end-user community to achieve the program objectives. The PM HSI will be responsible for program deliverables and program performance, including cost, schedule and risk management.
This is an exciting, long-term opportunity to lead a major development and integration program enhancing Canadian technology and integrating systems from across the globe to provide RCN with the next generation fleet.
What you bring to the role
- The candidate will have an appropriate degree from an accredited university (e.g. Business, Science, Engineering etc.), or equivalent experience/combined education, along with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with the assignment
- Must have excellent organization skills and an analytical ability to develop and deliver concise presentations
- 5+ years experience working in the human systems domains and/or equivalent knowledge gained through RCN operational experience
- 10+ years of program management experience with defence programs
- A operating knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- An operating knowledge of System Engineering, system design and product lifecycle
- Proven capability to manage critical, time-sensitive tasks in changing environments
- Must be able to establish and maintain relationships
- Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership behaviours; possess positive attitude; creates and sustain inclusive work environment.
Additional skills desired for the role
- Level 2+ Project Manager (PM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience on warship shipbuilding or combat systems integration projects.
What we offer you
We walk our talk when it comes to work/life balance! Your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment, this is what you can expect when you join our team:
Flexible, compressed work schedules, depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off, as well as the possibility to work remote part-time
Time to recharge with vacation, personal days, holidays, and parental leaves
Comprehensive Family Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available on your first day of employment, along with:
- Virtual Health Care (24/7 access to medical professionals)
- A Wellness Spending Account to aid in your wellness journey
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) which includes free face to face counselling sessions
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Onsite fitness facilities at our main office locations
- A Registered Retirement Savings Plan that includes matching company contributions on your first day of employment, that also includes access to Financial Advisors providing investment advice and comprehensive financial planning
- Employee discounts to save on goods, services and various recreational activities
- Access to a robust spectrum of development resources to enhance your skills and/or advance your career including:
- Free learning resources through a modern and engaging platform
- Education Assistance Program
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Mentoring Program
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Clearance required for role: Nato Secret