Program Management Coordinator
The Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) will be an advanced and modern combat ship, equipped with next-generation technology to capably support and protect the men and women of the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) as they fulfil their wide range of missions around the world, from humanitarian assistance to high-intensity conflicts, for the next 40+ years. The program is currently in the design phase with work underway for the Preliminary Design Review (PDR).
Reporting to the Deputy Program Manager (DPM), the successful candidate will support the coordination of ongoing operations of the CSC Project including organizing and facilitating deliverables, program reviews and contract change amendments. The PM coordinator works both independently and on project teams on assignments varying widely in scope and complexity.
Some of the specific duties include the following:
- Manage the production of the program management reports such as weekly and monthly status, change order proposals, and technical investigation requests
- Track the progress of preparation and delivery of technical documents leading up to major design reviews such as PDR, Critical Design Review (CDR), and Final Design Review (FDR); produce presentation material in conjunction with systems engineering management
- Prepare presentation material for Progress Review Meetings (PRMs), program integration team meetings, and executive planning panel briefings
- Support the program team with metrics and program status.
- This position and offers an excellent opportunity to start a career in program management.
INDPEqual Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- The candidate will have an appropriate degree from an accredited university (e.g. Business, Science, Engineering etc.), or equivalent experience/combined education, along with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with the assignment
- Must have excellent organization skills to coordinate input from multiple stakeholders in timely manner
- 5-7 years of experience in defence programs is required
- Must be able to establish and maintain relationships
- Results-oriented with an ability to deliver
- Can work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and is a creative problem-solver
- Ability to work autonomously.