Program Director – PMO
CPQi provides consultative services and expertise to help our clientele in the financial industry deliver better services to their users, speed up development lifecycles and bring them into a digital age. We work with 8 of the world’s top 12 banks, exposing our team to the most exciting technologies and strategies in today’s digital era. You will be working on various projects supporting our clients and we want you to grow with us. In doing that we focus heavily on the progress and education of all our team members. That’s why we invest in you by offering CPQi University, paid certifications, and other training programs. We want to build a career for life here at CPQi.
This position will provide significant contribution and leadership to the transformation of the Retirement Operations function. The Program Director will drive the success of program workstreams by providing the necessary program leadership, including oversight for key workstreams and participation in key business changes. The individual will lead, track and dispense all the needed information/updates and coordinate the work throughout program to complete project deliverables on time, on budget and with the planned benefits. The Program Director is a pivotal leader in the Retirement Operations Transformation team, performing a broad range of tasks and activities from tracking and governance of project workstreams, to serving the needs of the various technology, governance, and project oversight bodies.
- Lead in producing, tracking, updating and validating project documentation regarding project status for all workstreams, e.g. reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc.
- Lead tracking and reporting of risks, issues, decisions and action items including follow up with project owners to ensure timely reply and/or action.
- Lead and manage program documentation, including identifying appropriate project repository ensuring easy access and usability by the project teams.
- Serves as Secretary of the Steering Committee and supports the various governing bodies
- Key contributor to the successful completion of all Program Initiatives and related projects.
- Supports the Operations leaders through a period of significant change to meet project deliverables and ensure employee engagement throughout the process.
- Managing and reporting the financial impacts of the total portfolio of Transformation projects
- Driving timely communication and change management plans to keep Retirement and
- Operations teams informed and engaged in Transformation program
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Post-secondary education in business or finance
- Demonstrated financial acumen with a solid understanding of the business environment through practical experience
- Experience with insurance, particularly Retirement, is an asset
- Ability to synthesize key messages across a complex portfolio of Ops led and Ops supported initiatives and raise issues / concerns
- Senior stakeholder management including running the Steering Committee and presentations to various Leadership teams
- Build competency and capability of existing project teams (managing timelines, raising issues, tackling implementation readiness, UAT, etc)
- Expert in Agile initiatives / delivery
- Exhibits the general competencies required of a Director as described in the Leadership Competency Model
- Excellent general business knowledge and understanding of various aspects of the business operations and the associated financial dynamics and financial reporting systems
- Experience and understanding of the global wealth and asset management industry and financial marketplace
- Proven leadership ability that energizes and mobilizes teams to drive change and achieve results
- Strong people management experience to lead, manage and develop professional staff combined with impeccable verbal/ written communication skills presenting and working with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences including senior executives
- Innovative thinker with the ability to negotiate, influence and challenge the status quo to continuously improve processes
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to work with complex financial issues and concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across the Division and the Company
- A self-starter with vision and creativity with the ability to influence others to drive end-to-end results
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously adapt to change, and to lead change
- Well-organized, with ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment