Product Manager – Sports
The Product Manager (Sports) is a business-minded individual responsible for the overall end-to-end success of web properties in our Sports vertical. Reporting to the Commercial Manager (Sports), they will spearhead the technical requirements, product roadmaps, new product features and SEO enhancements, by utilizing auditing and business analytics skills.
Is this role right for me?
Primary responsibility will be to audit and develop strategies to support the success of web properties to drive new traffic, engagement and conversion by:
- Defining requirements, content strategies, search optimization and key features that will attract people in key sports markets around the world;
- Successfully implement business strategies for client website properties and continue to build a strategic roadmap for additional features for client websites;
- Understand the user experience & customer experience through research & analytics, to ensure your product solutions satisfy user needs;
- Work with multiple cross-functional teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of user behaviour and the current product in order to define user requirements and write user stories for development;
- Support the Business Management team to develop property strategies and roadmaps working closely with marketing, content, project management and the development teams;
- Communicate and monitor weekly/monthly analytics metrics;
- Produce high-quality Business Requirement documentation;
- Strategy, standards, ease of implementation and clear communication are key;
- Augment properties to improve key feature performance to maximize organic search growth;
- Collaborate with Marketing in the delivery of media, content, public relations, social strategy, design services, and SEO.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 1+ years of relevant business analytics or product experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or technical product equivalent considered an asset;
- Proven experience working with website properties;
- Experience writing web development documentation;
- Background in business analytics;
- Strategic thinker, able to proactively provide recommendations for web business;
- Ability to form key relationships across the organization to build a strong culture focused on growth, learning and achievement;
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on sports web content, business requirements and performance metrics;
- Ability to quickly grasp complex web product concepts and make them easily understandable in text and illustration;
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) and complete tasks within required timeframes.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and in writing.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates who also offer the following:
- Experience with Agile Project Management tools such as Jira;
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies;
- Prior experience with UX/CX and Drupal CMS;
- Balanced business/technical background;
- Interest in global sports markets considered an asset.
The resulta Culture
At resulta you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered.
resulta offers a competitive salary, a great benefits plan, a fitness allowance, and your preferred phone – Android or IOS.