Life At Covers
We’re a top digital media company, with a strong sense of purpose and a belief that success comes from the strength of our team and our culture. When we offer you a place on our team, it comes with a promise (well a few promises, actually):
- We’ll create opportunities for you to grow. We’re a rapidly-growing company so opportunities exist here, and we hold a firm belief that when you grow, we grow.
- Find the freedom to build something. We’ll give you the space to imagine and create, and to build our business and your career at the same time.
- Work alongside the best. Work and learn with people who are the best in their field, and who bring ambition and compassion in equal measure.
- Play hard to work hard. We help you work on what you love and we support your style of working. We fuel creativity with fun and optimism, and always put our culture and values first.
- We take care of each other. We know that you bring your best when you bring your whole self to work. We’re a wholehearted, inclusive team that invests in wellbeing and belonging.
What Matters Most To Us:
We understand that our industry is usually associated with a non-diverse persona. We have created, a workplace and community that brings fun, experience and opportunities for all. We welcome people of any gender, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other self-identifying group.
Together we are guided by our values in all that we do. If you’re going to thrive here, fueling with fun, tackling it together, building your game and delivering a great experience will be as meaningful to you as they are to us.
Why You Want This Job
Are you looking to work with a talented group of developers who share your same passion for delivering quality code, interacting with the latest technology, and continually developing your skills in a rapidly growing digital space?
Our team is stacked with diverse skillsets in machine learning, cloud computing, and web development to name a few! We are eager to share our knowledge and we want you to share yours so we can continue to build the best developer team.
- Department – Engineering
- Employment Type – Full Time
- Location – Halifax
What You’ll Do
- Grow our Content products – Reviews, Picks, and News – into everyday destinations for sports bettors, driving quality, high intent traffic that converts into revenue. This scope includes both consumer-facing web pages and internal user-facing CMS’.
- Define and drive appropriate product outcomes with support from the Head of Product
- Ensure cross-functional alignment through proper development and communication of your product vision and strategy (decks, roadmaps, briefs, go-to-market, rollout plans, etc)
- Ruthlessly prioritize initiatives against your vision and strategy, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data
- Work closely within your product squad (engineers, designer, SEO, and delivery manager) to generate ideas, define experiments, and ship-measure-learn
- Break opportunities down into actionable stories for squads to execute against
- Collaborate with the content team and other product managers on initiatives that span across the business
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years exp as a PM working at a fast-growing consumer tech start-up, ideally at scale (millions of users) Able to design, execute, measure, and learn from experiments (split testing, user testing, funnel analysis, etc)
- Experience with discovery processes and launching new products from zero to one (defining assumptions, user research, journey mapping, etc)
- Strong product sense and analytics skills. Comfortable zooming in and out between 10k ft and 10 ft views, multiple times every day
- Experience working on products driven by SEO Familiar with Content Management Systems and working alongside content creators
What We Can Do For You
- Competitive base salary
- Annual discretionary bonus based on company performance
- 4 weeks’ vacation, public holidays off, birthday off
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven yearly training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Remote work available for the right candidate
We’re becoming the world’s leading sports betting authority by making smarter sports bettors.
We’re a digital platform that brings together expert insight, rich user experience and a passionate community to help sports bettors bet smarter. In the overwhelming world of sports betting, we’ve created a single place where people who love the risk and rush of competition come together to share their passion and harness our 26 years of expertise, to build their game, win more consistently, and have fun doing it.
We currently see 20 million sports fans visit our site annually, and our goals for the coming year are aggressive. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months, and plan to do so again in the next 24.
One thing is for sure: we’re set for a big next season.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company that specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.