Product Experience Designer
We are looking for a Product Experience Designer – Ads Experience and Revenue who cares deeply about users and what they value to create seamless advertising experiences that are optimized against overall product engagement and revenue. You are adept at bridging user needs with business objectives, able to uncover and communicate user motivations and journeys, and ensure that all the ad unit experience design details are rendered for a delightful, compelling, and buildable experience.
You are someone who has designed and ad-based or brand-sponsored products and likes to make impact through ongoing optimizations. You are able to research and discover user needs to drive new enhancements while also able to understand data and metrics to inform the next iteration. You enjoy working directly with product management, engineering, and experience design research squad members to work our way towards delivering exceptional user experiences.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Discover and define the underlying user needs, values, and sentiment that will motivate Wattpad users to continue engaging with Wattpad as they view and interact with advertising and brand-sponsored experiences
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Product Marketers to discover unmet user needs, design seamless interactions, and create experiences that deliver compelling user value
- Design the UX and UI flows across platforms (web, iOS, AN) that will captivate and retain advertising-sponsored users
- Develop your design leadership skills by contributing to Wattpad’s existing design practices in mentoring other designers, facilitating design workshops, and leading design events both within Wattpad and with the design community at large
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience with end-to-end product design where you have conducted user discovery, shipped product, measured results, gained learnings, and iterated towards successful product and business outcomes
- Have partnered with product managers and engineers in a cross-functional squad environment
- Have cross-platform design experiences (web, iOS, AN)
- Have experience conducting user discovery and research or are eager to learn
- An analytical approach with experience looking at user experience metrics and user sentiment to measure performance and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in ambiguity and able to collaborate well in a remote working environment
- Proficient in design and facilitation tools such as Figma and Miro
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related discipline
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Downtown Halifax, NS location, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play…and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada as a precondition of employment.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.