Product Designer (UX/UI)
- Remote Eastern/Atlantic Time Zones/Canada
- Full Time
We are searching for a Product Designer to join our cross-functional product team. In this role, you would take a user-centric approach to product design and work with our product team, stakeholders, and customers to design and continually iterate upon our information security management SaaS platform.
The Importance of Your Role
Our web-based software lowers the barrier of entry to the complex and previously overwhelming task of creating and maintaining an information security program. As part of our product design team, you will be actively working to simplify security compliance for businesses all over the world.
Securicy’s software has helped startups and businesses of all sizes navigate the complex security requirements of major players like Microsoft, Netflix, National Bank, Target, and more.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Research, sketching, wire-framing, and prototyping
- Conducting and managing customer research and usability studies
- Designing mockups and high-fidelity user interfaces
- Improving the user experience and overall functionality of new and existing features
- Working directly with our product teams, stakeholders, and customers to conceptualize and iterate upon solutions and user workflows
- Working directly with our engineering teams to provide product specifications and assets
- Collaborating with the product design team in creating and maintaining our design system
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years experience in Product UX/UI design
- Familiarity with Sketch/Figma
- A portfolio that showcases past work and process
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Positive, enthusiastic, and always learning
- Great communication skills with client-facing experience
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- An organized, self-starter, who’s able to manage their time and tasks well
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Passionate about UX/UI and other areas of product design and innovation
- Keeps up on the industry’s latest trends and technologies
About Our Product Team
We embrace design thinking and a culture of experimentation, rapid testing, and iteration
We are a small and fast-growing team with a lot of opportunities to grow with the company
Our product teams are agile and are empowered to truly innovate
Our work environment
At Carbide (formerly Securicy), you will find an open and supportive environment that values work/life balance and respects different perspectives and experiences. People with a desire to help other people and deliver results thrive in our organization.
Our mission is to provide organizations with the technology, structure, and guidance to ingrain privacy and security by design. We enable organizations to be transparent and build trust from formation through all stages of growth.
Working at Carbide
Carbide (Formerly Securicy) is a fully remote organization that appreciates the quality of life benefits of working from home. We have flexible working hours, as well as allotted vacation and health maintenance time. Team members enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits, fully-funded professional development opportunities, and memberships to professional organizations.
Ready to see if this role is a fit for you?
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button to share your resume (.pdf), portfolio that showcases your process and past work, Linkedin profile, and any additional relevant information with our team. We’ll then review your application and get in touch with the next steps.
Note: Applications without a portfolio will not be reviewed.