Power BI Consultant
Clients trust you to provide solutions to problems because you understand what they need – and how to do it.
You are your client’s advocate and the authority on how specific systems, applications, or process designs can move their business forward. You will collaborate with project teams in customizing, developing, integrating, and extending Power Platform to meet client needs. Working with technology and design teams to support your clients, identify opportunity and drive constant improvement.
As a Power BI Consultant, you will be involved in all the project phases, from collaborating on technical architecture, proposing creative solutions in line with company value proposition, and oversee the solution’s build, support, and evolve phases.
Day-to-Day, You Will:
- Power BI development, administration, and support
- Collect and review functional requirements and design required data models
- Utilize DAX queries and advanced data set calculations to ensure solutions are valid, secure, and scalable
- Create standards and define best practices for team on topics such as using different data sources, performance, and security
- Work with global and onshore teams
- Be accountable for the overall technical quality of the solutions you build
- Acquire required Power Platform technical certifications
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitor insights
- Leverage the most sophisticated tools to provide insights to crucial business outcomes and embed Power Platform solutions in large digital transformation strategies
- Coach, mentor and encourage teammates
You are an experienced Power Platform developer with strong business acumen. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with client stakeholders, and you know how to build bridges between the two. You know how the right solutions can help your clients do more with less effort.
Your Technical & Non-Technical Skills Includes:
- Core skills: DAX, M, Power Query, SSAS, REST APIs
- Nice to have skills: Azure data lakes, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Python
- Hands-on experience building production solutions with large (millions) data sets
- Technical oversight including close review of documentation, design, and implemented solutions alike
- 4+ years hands-on experience with Power BI technical solutions, ideally in a consulting setting
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Mentoring junior developers, both onshore and offshore
- Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills