Pilot Instructor (Shearwater, NS)
- Shearwater, NS
- Information Technology
- Full-time – Permanent
As a Pilot Instructor, you are responsible for delivering CH148 operational training, as well as mission or maintenance Integrated Information Environment (IIE) services or applications. Training is conducted in classroom, simulators, maintenance training devices, and CH148 aircraft. Pilot Instructors can be assigned to regularly scheduled training serials, as well as ad-hoc scheduled training events. Pilot Instructors also provide/perform Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and review to Training Program Support Cell Lead and Instructional System Designers on training documentation, courseware development, or revision change packages.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and maintain instructional lesson plans for the conduct of instruction on the CH148 Cyclone aircraft system and sub-systems.
- Conduct classroom and practical instruction on the CH148 Cyclone aircraft system and sub-systems.
- Conduct pilot instruction and assessment in the CH148 Flight Simulator on aspects of Cyclone flight operations.
- Conduct pilot instruction and assessment in the CH 148 aircraft on assigned aspects of Cyclone flight operations.
- Maintain working knowledge of all aspects of Maritime Helicopter Operations.
- Be prepared to maintain currency of a Canadian Air Transport Pilot (Helicopter) or FAA Civilian Air Transport Pilot License (Helicopter) and Instrument Rating.
- Be prepared to complete Rotary Wing Underwater Escape Training, and survival training.
- Be prepared to complete training/qualifications as required by Sikorsky Helicopter Company.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of operations at the Fumerton and Bing Training Centre (FBTC).
- Be prepared to work independently or as a team member on assigned projects related to MHTC operations.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as detailed in the FBTC Pilot Instructor/SME Job description.
- The Company may reasonably expand or limit such duties, responsibilities and authority.
What you’ll need
- Have completed at least one operational tour in the Maritime Helicopter environment.
- Possess a current ATPL(H) Helicopter Pilot License with Group 4 Instrument Rating or FAA Equivalent with valid Category 1 medical.
- Possess or be capable of attaining a NATO Secret security classification on hire.
- CH148 or S-92 Flying Experience.
- Proven ability in planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate good skill level in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a stressful environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of common office computer software applications.
- Thorough understanding and application of RCAF Training doctrine, policies, and practices (CFITES).
- 10+ years of Military experience.
- Former experience as a Military Flight Instructor on the Maritime Helicopter, or other military aircraft, or as a civilian flight instructor (AIMB or QFI or civilian equivalent qualification).
- The following items are highly desirable and would be assets on application:
- Proven ability to communicate in both Canadian official languages.
We’re looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.