PCF Platform Engineer
Remote – Canada
MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband and Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
We are growing and we have an exciting new opportunity for a PCF Platform Engineer/Operations to join the MOBIA team. Location is flexible and dependent on finding a qualified candidate. If you are passionate, creative, entrepreneurial and believe in working hard and having fun, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Operate, maintain, patch dev and prod PCF platforms
- Create and update automation to operate PCF
- Take an automation first approach to platform operations in order to build a self-healing, self-sustaining platform
- Implement cutting edge platform resilience building techniques like chaos engineering, coordinated platform fire drills and system level indicators
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
- 5+ years of experience in an Operational role, DevOps, SRE
- 5+ years of experience supporting platforms or applications with an active user base, and deploying to production and going through any change management process (Ideal candidate is able to engage in a detailed discussion about their change management process as well as its happy/pain points)
- At least 1 year of experience with development or administration on any cloud platforms (Cloud Foundry, Heroku, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Bluemix, Kubernetes, and others).
- Providing standardized offerings to facilitate and ensure operational health of stacks throughout their lifecycle including metrics collection, aggregation, and visualization, inventory, capacity, and billing/tag management
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (or Bluemix or opensource CloudFoundry), Python, Bosh, vSphere, DevOps, SRE practices, Observability tools (Dynatrace, DataDog)
Nice to Have Skills:
- 5+ years of experience doing development in any of Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, Python
- The ideal candidate has significant experience with Platform as a Service cloud such as Cloud Foundry.
- Pivotal/VMWare/Tanzu certification on PCF
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience with Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Dynatrace etc.
- Experience with automating manual processes and tests
MOBIA strives to build an amazing workplace and has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Top Growing Companies since 2021.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.