Oracle EBS Financials Developer
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
This position is for an Intermediate Oracle EBS Financials Developer who will work as part of a team responsible for enhancing and developing new solutions. These solutions support key groups such as finance, reserving, treasury and investments. This position requires the ability to work under your own initiative on delivering enhancements. You will be part of a development team and will be supported by other developers and application delivery leads. Success in this position is based on the ability to work with the business, solution and analyze specifications and translate that into working code.
The Oracle EBS Financials Developer will be involved throughout the development lifecycle, through requirements analysis, coding, unit testing, system testing, packaging and co ordinating deployments. They will provide analysis of issues during user acceptance testing and during bedding in of solutions postproduction deployment.
The Oracle EBS Financials Developer is expected to demonstrate disciplined development practices and ensure the application of strong coding standards. They will be involved in investigating, designing and implementing new solutions and/or adding new features and functions to existing solutions, which meet AXIS Capital’s business needs.
- Will be part of a development team in executing enhancement and projects.
- Conduct analysis and development of end user OBIEE Dashboards.
- Identify areas where processes and standards could be improved and help implement any changes.
- Assist with developing solutions for enhancement.
- Work with Release Management to ensure compliance with releases protocols.
- Interact with Business Leads, Program/Project Management, Application Development and Maintenance resources to drive application improvements.
- Design, Build and Test custom components
The preferred candidate will have:
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience working with Oracle EBS Financial applications
- Knowledge/understanding of Oracle EBS Financial modules such as AP, FA, GL, CM etc.
- Working experience in Integrations.
- Good Oracle PL/SQL development skills and experience on OBIEE development is a distinct advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and communicate transparently
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Additional experience and qualifications that are desirable include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or its equivalent with relevant experience.
- Experience working directly with end users.
- Experience with continuous software delivery pipelines and containers.
- The ability to learn new technologies as required.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure cloud technologies will be good to have.