Ops Support Specialist, AM
Department: Enterprise Asset Management
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Regular, Full-Time
At Nova Scotia Power, our people are our greatest source of energy. We have a passion for energy—producing and delivering it safely and reliably to our customers across Nova Scotia, every day. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future.
The work of the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) team is to look ahead to the use of our existing and future generating, transmission and distribution (T&D) assets, and design and deploy maintenance strategies to ensure their reliable, efficient operation. To advance this function, the AM Operations team delivers processes, programs and tools to our field-based and engineering personnel to make asset data and analytics available, and support challenges with equipment operation and performance, and enable improved planning and risk-based decision-making.
We are currently looking for an Operations Support Specialist, focused on T&D assets and processes, to join our team!
The Operations Support Specialist will participate in the design and deployment of processes and tools for field-based and Engineering resources across T&D and EAM. Specifically:
- Work with engineering, Operations and Operational Technology (OT) personnel to develop and implement technology-based solutions to support the deployment of Maintenance Strategies for Transmission, Distribution and Substations
- Support the deployment and sustainment of Asset Management tools and processes for NS Power’s operational areas, including, but not limited to:
- Asset Performance Management tools (GE APM)Electronic logbooks and Energy Control Center applications
- Digital substation checks
- Lead and support continuous improvement in operational environments, including:
- regular engagement with Operations and Engineering personnel to solicit feedback and shape initiatives
- preparation and delivery of training/materials as required to support the tools and processes
- application-level troubleshooting
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities for digitization of information, strengthening of processes, and improving end-user experience
- Creation and sustainment of metrics and dashboards, and report on program and process compliance to EAM and Operations leaders
- Support engineering activities (troubleshooting, root cause analysis, asset risk-profiling, etc.) through data retrieval and analysis
- Work with EAM OT team and NS Power IT teams to resolve end-user challenges
- Be a steward of Asset Management processes and technologies
- Participate in EAM and AM Operations team and project meetings as required to execute and scope the work, and ensure continued alignment with corporate strategy
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution; Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology preferred
- Asset Management or other process optimization certifications considered an asset
- 3+ years experience supporting 24-7 Operational Environment, process management and/or continuous improvement functions
- Experience in the Electricity utility sector preferred
- Proficient computer utilization skills, basic query skills considered an asset
- Exposure to Operational Technologies and/or data (e.g. instrumentation, controls, SCADA) considered an asset
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage priorities
- Effective communication and strong organizational skills
As the successful candidate, you are a team player with strong interpersonal skills. You are committed to a respectful, inclusive and productive work environment. You are a critical thinker who can demonstrate the ability to communicate and implement process change.
- Hold safety paramount at all times, for self and others.
- You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of your co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Ensuring Safety Program requirements are being met in a timely manner, as defined for the AM Operations and Capital Program team.
- You will be accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
At Nova Scotia Power, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate for this position, you speak up on health, safety, and environment issues, and demonstrate a belief that all injuries are preventable. You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change. You build strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers. Lastly, we encourage you to proactively ask questions and seek information to understand how your work relates to the business goals and make well informed decisions.
Reports to: Manager, Asset Management Operations
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: To commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than 13th July, 2022. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
In accordance with Emera’s occupational health and safety program and the Emera Vaccine Program, subject to any approved accommodation, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means 14 days since having the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
At Emera we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through the on-line application process. Emera supports candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs.
If you are selected for an interview and require a specific accommodation, please advise our Talent Acquisition team and we will support you with the recruitment process.