Openshift Platform Engineer
Sr. Project Manager – Remote
Remote – Canada
MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband and Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
We are growing and we have an exciting new opportunity for a Openshift Platform Engineer to join the MOBIA team. Location is flexible and dependent on finding a qualified candidate. If you are passionate, creative, entrepreneurial and believe in working hard and having fun, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Build and operate the OpenShift platform to deliver highly available hosting services to support internal development across 1500+ applications
- Apply SRE concepts to provide a highly available service leveraging automation to ensure the team and platform can scale to meet incoming demand while adhering to strict SLOs
- Review and refine Cloud team practices and toolsets to drive improvement in the customer experience and success; including suitability assessments, on-boarding processes and support
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Work with the Cloud Adoption and Support teams to ensure efficient service delivery and act as an escalation point for incidents
- Establish design patterns, artifacts and processes to facilitate delivery in alignment with the enterprise
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
- Hands-on experience with RedHat OpenShift Container Platform or any enterprise Kubernetes platform
- Experience with Development (Java, .NET, Python, Go programming languages), Testing methodologies, CI/CD tooling experience (Jenkins, Tekton, artifactory, etc), API usage, automation technologies (eg Ansible, Concourse, Tekton), Platform observability (Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana), Alerting (PagerDuty, Healthwatch, Alertmanager), OpenShift, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, GCP
- 5+ years of experience in an operational role e.g. Linux Admin, DevOps Engineer, SRE, or Software Engineer where you supported your apps in production
- 3+ years of experience doing development in any of Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, Python
- 3+ years of experience with development, deployment and support of applications with an active user base; managed through a change management process
- Experience with development or administration on any cloud platform (e.g. Openshift, AKS, GKE, Tanzu, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
- Infrastructure automation experience using Terraform or Ansible playbooks or equivalent automation tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud-native engineering and experience with developing / using CI/CD pipelines through referenceable projects
- Experience with CLI tools such as Helm, Tiller, Kustomize for declarative management of Kubernetes objects.
- Experience with Linux
- Bash/Shell scripting knowledge
- SCM Tools such as GitHub/Subversion/Gerrit
Nice to Have Skills:
- Python/JAVA/GO programming language is an asset
- Familiarity with API Documentation tools such as Swagger, RAML is an asset
- Solid understanding of general networking principles and common protocols
- Experience in operational / incident management tools such as ServiceNow,
- PagerDuty, DataDog
- Monitoring Stack : Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix
- Logging Stack : ELK, Splunk
- Agile Tools : Jira, Confluence, Gliffy, LucidChart, Mural
MOBIA strives to build an amazing workplace and has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Top Growing Companies since 2021.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.