Duties, responsibilities and tasks of the employee, in the role of the OFFICE MANAGER are as follows:
In this role, the Employee will be responsible for supporting the Manager, Human Resources, the Manager, Finance and the smooth running of the Halifax office.
Location: CloudKettle Head Office, Halifax, NS.
- Assist with scheduling interviews
- Assist with screening candidates
- Maintain employee files
- Assist with onboarding new employees
- Assist with the organization of social events and employee awards
- Assist with payroll processing
- Order and keep inventory of all necessary office supplies
- Shipping and receiving materials as required
- Liaise with building maintenance and cleaning company for service requests
- Assist with the planning and execution of event logistics including accommodation, travel, and menus where applicable.
- Provide administrative support to HR and Finance
Finance & Accounting
- Assist with processing accounts payable transactions
- Assist with generating customer invoices
- Assist with reconciling accounts
- Assist with accounting transactions
Other duties as required
- Pursuing a post-secondary education or diploma in business or office administration and previous experience in bookkeeping and general office procedures will be a strong asset.
- Experience with Xero or Quickbooks online would be an asset.
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow or other HRIS systems is an asset.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and related software (ie. Microsoft Office, G-Suite)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Have high attention to detail.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Time management is essential as well as being able to prioritize and multitask.
- The opportunity to work at a fast-scaling organization servicing some of the largest and most exciting companies in the world
- Subsidized career training, including coverage of certification tests
- A flat and modern work-culture
- Group Insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Company RRSP plan
- Medical and dental benefits
- Enjoy 3 full weeks off during the holidays, paid.
- Then, enjoy 3 weeks of annual vacation. That’s six weeks total for those keeping track.
- And 5 personal days to use for mental health, sick, family emergency, etc.
- We value giving back to our community – you get 20 hours of dedicated volunteer work