Occupational Health Services Coordinator
PRAXES believes that everyone should be able to have timely access to excellent medical advice and care, wherever they are, and whenever they need it.
PRAXES is an innovative tele-medicine company, headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, that is changing how medical care is delivered in Canada and in remote places around the world.
We are looking for someone who wants to be a stakeholder in our business, not just an employee. We are highly focused on results, not just putting in time. By delivering results and providing exceptional service, you will have the opportunity to help us grow the business, and in turn grow your own role and compensation. We are a 24/7 company, so we cannot have a ‘9 to 5’ mentality. While our team members generally work regular business hours, there will be occasions where working outside of the conventional schedule will be required. We trust our staff to make best use of their time to manage the multiple demands of work and life, and with consideration for their colleagues and the needs of our clients.
We have a detailed hiring process to make sure that anyone we hire is a good fit with our team and will align with PRAXES values, which are:
- Be AGILE – Creative, evolving, adapting, curious, flexible, innovative, challenging status quo.
- Be EFFECTIVE – Deliver quality medical services that add real value for our customers, including patients, employers and healthcare providers.
- Act with INTEGRITY – Have trusting, compassionate and caring relationships, with co-workers, partners, shareholders and patients. Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
PRAXES has recently signed contracts with several federal government agencies to provide coordination of health services. We need a coordinator to organize, track, and assist with management of multiple service requests that will come in from these clients. This will involve data entry into spreadsheets and electronic patient files to track and manage many concurrent requests.
While we do have office space in Halifax, we are also accepting candidates who live outside of Halifax who could work for us remotely.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary – $45,000/year
- Benefits – Health Spending Account starting at $2,000 in value, group life insurance, RRSP with employer matching
- Vacation – three weeks minimum must be taken!
Highlights – a very special person:
- Organized and efficient; someone who LOVES managing the details and doesn’t let anything slip through the cracks. Should enjoy data entry.
- Must be self-motivated, tenacious and resourceful
- Good communicator, in writing and in person.
- Be flexible enough to know that in a small entrepreneurial business, priorities can shift rapidly and often.
- High energy, pleasant and helpful personality.
- Interested in healthcare and maintains a healthy lifestyle.
- Great with numbers, and has strong Excel skills.
- Loves to learn new technologies, and develop new systems and processes.
- Be the main point of contact for Service Requests from Government of Canada clients
- Respond promptly to requests (within 1 business day)
- Enter basic information into online tracking spreadsheets
- Securely manage patient medical files and upload to electronic medical record system
- Track all activities in the required tracking tools
- Organize and maintain client information files (digital)
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clinical providers at clinics across Canada
- Assist with pricing, billing, and invoicing for Government clients
- Find opportunities for streamlining operational processes wherever possible.
- “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Passion – fire in the eyes
- Team player but demonstrate ability to work autonomously
- Detail oriented yet can grasp the big picture
Knowledge and Skills:
- Need to have:
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Understanding of data security and management
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat (fillable PDFs and digital filing)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Nice to have:
- Occupational Health and Safety experience or training
- Administrative experience or training, especially in a medical environment.
- French language: speaking, reading, and writing
Performance evaluation criteria
- Objectives and Key Results – Meet Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) as stated in the government contracts.
- Quality – Tasks completed on time and according to company standards
- Attitude – positive, cooperative, and customer oriented