The Network Engineer supports robust and secure network systems at ABM and the other internal companies while implementing best practices with a focus on data access and security. This is an intermediate to senior level role that requires extensive experience and proven problem-solving skills with implementing network configurations, performance issues, network monitoring and configuring of security systems such as firewalls.
Key Duties and Requirements:
- Strong process and business skills within an IT service-based environment
- Superior troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with WAN technologies such as MPLS, LAN Extensions and IPSEC tunnelling
- Strong overall knowledge of data center and WAN environments
- Extensive experience configuring and managing network equipment and connectivity such as firewalls, switches/routers, VPN, VoIP, data and Wi-Fi.
- Specifically, FortiGate, SonicWall, & Aruba
- Experience and/or knowledge of dynamic routing, OSPF, BGP
- Experience and/or knowledge with network redundancy, High Availability, and failover methodologies
- Must be a proactive, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask as part of a dynamic services team
- Strong service delivery and relationship management skills
- Must have the ability to effectively resolve Incidents, propose and complete problem remediation and operate in a cross-functional team-oriented environment
- Overtime and on-call work as required. May occasionally be required to work extended hours to support project work and external clients
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree from a post-secondary institution with a concentration in Information Technology & Networking, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years operational experience with network technology support, TCP/IP, VPN, Switches, Routing/ Routers, Firewall technologies
- Experience managing to Service Level Agreements
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with cloud-based solutions is desirable
- Operational support in a 24×7 environment.
- Change, Incident, and Problem Management
- Hands-on configuration experience working with security appliances (Firewalls, IDS, VPN appliances, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, etc.)
- Experience providing network support to internal operations and external client systems.
- Current Network Certifications would be considered a strong asset
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage internal/external applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.