The Naval Combat Systems program team spans across Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin)u0027s main project sites (Kanata, Montreal, Dartmouth). Opportunities are available at all sites for supporting Naval Combat Systems Programs and Proposal Capture activities.
The candidate will be a key member of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) program by joining a multi-disciplined team environment working on the total engineering life cycle from specification, design, development, integration and test, deployment, maintenance and field trouble shooting for Modelling and Simulation activities. The candidate will be responsible to assist the Modelling and Simulation Cross Product Team (CPT) lead for Lockheed Martin as the Modelling and Simulation Deputy CPT lead.
The candidate will participate in a wide range of engineering management activities including but not limited to:
- Ensure that Modelling and Simulation activities are executed in support of program initiatives and deliverables
- Perform assessments on the performance of the combat system
- Collaborate with the customer to manage performance Modelling and Simulation activities, deliverables and expectations
- Be responsible for the accuracy of the produced performance models
Support contracts as the technical lead to oversee contract requirements and compliance
- Support Modelling and Simulation activities for key program milestones
- Provide support during the scheduled review meetings with the contractor
- Conduct reviews and ensure the acceptance of the document deliverables
- Coordinate the preparation of Modelling and Simulation engineering change proposals and presentation to the Approval Board
- Provide support for definition and tracking of Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs)
- Provide support for System Architecture and Design
- Provide support for Verification and Validation (V&V)
- Follow systems engineering processes and best practices
- Prepare and present Modelling and Simulation status reports in the weekly program and technical integrated team meetings to leadership (Program
- Manager (PM)/Deputy Program Managers (DPMs))
- Participate in bi-weekly integrated product team meetings with customer
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Possess a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university in software, hardware, systems, mechanical, electrical or electronics engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in combat system integration
- Equivalent experience/combined education will be considered
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.