Senior Systems Consultant
MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband and Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry-leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
MOBIA is currently recruiting a Senior Systems Consultant to join our team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting Wintel, MAC and Linux-based systems for both internal and external customers.
- Providing Tier 2/3 End-user system support for managed services customers, both internal and external, including on-site and remote support.
- Server support and maintenance for both Wintel and Linux environments in a mix of on-premises and Azure-based infrastructure. Includes basic server setup, storage / SAN support, monitoring, maintenance, patching and general support.
- Network support and maintenance across various networking devices through the internal and external LAN and WAN client sites. Includes updates, reporting and general network support.
- Building, configuring and troubleshooting software and hardware enhancements, and infrastructure deployments and upgrades.
- Working collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure end-users computing environments are in satisfactory working condition.
- Working with standard service desk processes and best practices to update and maintain documentation, support tickets, logs and other regular administrative and procedural activities.
- Other special duties as assigned
Experience and skills required:
- Professional certifications such as CNCP, MCSE, CISSP, etc would be an asset
- 6+ years of desktop support, system administration, and network device support experience
- Experience with support and administration of traditional office applications, such as: MS Office, Office 365, Trend AV, SAP, SQL
- Experience with traditional IT support tools and systems like remote desktop, ticketing systems and monitoring and logging tools
- Previous experience with the setup and maintenance of public cloud technologies like AWS, Azure – especially Azure and Office 365.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments as well as traditional infrastructure like HPE, Aruba, Cisco, Dell, Nutanix etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel