Join the momentum. We are seeking a Director, Project Management Office to lead the PMO for our growing Technology Solutions team. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Consulting team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability. Specifically, our recognized Technology Consulting team works with clients to translate technology issues and opportunities into meaningful results that meet organizational needs.
ROLE @ MNP
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Project Management Office (PMO). Plan, coordinate, monitor and implement very complex technical and/or non-technical programs to meet organizational goals.
- Builds and provides direction and day-to-day operations to the PMO. The scope may include technical and/or non-technical programs for MNP Technology Solutions.
- Oversees and provides guidance to the Team Members responsible for the organization’s portfolio of projects. Defines and develops project/program management best practices, processes and policy to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals.
- Oversees and provides guidance to the Team Members responsible for Tech Solutions’ portfolio of projects.
- Partners with multi-team leadership and other stakeholders to pursue opportunities and develop and prioritize projects according to relevant measurement criteria.
- Maintains the efficiency of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, scheduling and budget and risk assessment. Provides Technology Solutions Leadership with forecasts of available resources and program status.
- Supervises project and program managers, analysts, specialists and resource manager to ensure all projects within the scope of the PMO are delivered within defined scope, quality, time, and cost requirements.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferably in computer science or engineering
- PMP designation (required)
- Minimum of 9 years of proven project management experience in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding, or hands-on experience, in software development and web technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel
- Background in business, management, budgeting and analysis
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Advanced skill in use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when viewpoints vary
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with Partners at MNP and Executives at MNP Clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others that make an impact and persuade their intended audience(s)
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service, proactively identifies client needs and creates strategies to proficiently serve clients
- Forward Thinking – anticipates the implications of situations, takes appropriate action as needed and prepares for possible contingencies
- Agility with Change – initiates, sponsors and implements change by taking a facilitative catalyst role
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Influencing Others – gains team members’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions