Microsoft Dynamics NAV / D365 Business Central Technical Consultant
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
BDO Lixar is looking for a full-time permanent Microsoft Dynamics NAV/D365 Business Central Technical Consultant to join our Solution Operations team, with the ability to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
As part of our fast-paced and growing Solution Operations Practice, you would be engaged as a Microsoft Dynamics NAV/D365 Business Central Technical-Development Consultant. The primary focus of this role is to engage with our customers across their various needs spanning from user assistance & training to enhancements in their solution as their business continues to evolve. The role allows for a candidate to develop various aspects of their skill sets including analytical thinking & problem solving, customer engagement & service and innovative thinking to drive continuous improvements.
As part of this role, you will engage with customers to understand their challenges or new requirements and in-take those needs from a business perspective all the way to delivering them to the live environment. The ability to understand & ramp-up on a solution, passion to learn & expand your product footprint and to prioritize would be keys to success in this role. Where applicable, the candidate may also be engaged in delivery projects therefore also providing valuable project-based experience for that candidate.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ownership and accountability for assigned customers’ requests i.e. taking their requests from intake to closure
- Understand the solutions from both the customer business and functional point of view
- Consult with the customer on the desired requirements in the case of a request or work with the customer to conduct initial diagnostics and assist with resolution in the scenario it is an incident
- Complete updates to all development tools (SysAid, SharePoint) and communicate to the customer end user where applicable
- Collaborate with other consultants if and where required to take your request or incident to closure.
- Deliver on development activities on time and on budget per agreed to plan with the highest level of quality while producing code that is secure, reliable, reusable and scalable
- Efficiently troubleshoot and problem solve reported issues along with providing & executing an appropriate remediation plan
- Engage client or project manager where applicable to seek assistance especially in the scenario of customer, budget, scope or timeline concerns
- Create / update knowledge base entries, technical specifications or other related documents
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge
- Proactively find solutions and manage problems
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
- Remain up to date on development technologies, both current and future
- Ability to provide oversight to support activities, ensuring customer needs are met in a timely, professional fashion
- Identify next steps, produce actions plans, KPIs and execute on those plans while holding the team accountable through measured performance
- Perform various other duties as required
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- 3+ years of experience with SQL server installation, support and management of Microsoft Dynamics NAV/D365 Business Central (on-prem, and Azure)
- 3+ years of technical knowledge and experience (see Technical Knowledge section below for details)
- Experience and comfort level in working with customers remotely by phone and/or video conference
- Servers: Windows SQL 2012 Standard and higher versions
- Networks: LAN, VPN, TCP/IP, SMTP
- Hardware: PCs, Laptops
- Cloud: Azure, Microsoft SaaS (for Dynamics 365 support), Microsoft 365
- Other Microsoft software: Microsoft Office (especially Excel and its integration with Microsoft Dynamics), Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Certifications are preferred for Dynamics products, Azure and SQL Server; like
Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate – Learn | Microsoft Docs
Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate – Learn | Microsoft Docs
- Hands-on experience with the product installations of D365
- Business Central on-prem, SQL server, Virtual Machines, hosting infrastructures (like Azure, AWS)
- Experience with APIs, integrations with Dynamics NAV/D365
- Business Central with Dynamics CRM/D365 and/or other applications (ISVs), EDI, Scribe, etc. is nice to have.
- Knowledge in ISV’s (LS Central (aka LS Retail), Serenic’s Navi-
- Payroll, Document Path, Mobile NAV, WMDM etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpretive skills – communicating with clients and interpreting their needs will be a daily activity
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Highly organized and able to work well under pressure both from clients and from team members
- Flexible and adaptable to change – we implement change for diverse clients on a daily basis
- Self-motivated – learning new skills without prompting is expected
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2022. This recognition is a milestone we’re thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
- We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market-leading personal time off policy. We’re committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed without barriers. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion, Equity and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, equity, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients, and communities, we require all partners and employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated in order to enter a BDO office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.