Microsoft Dynamics GP Managed Services & Support Consultant – Full-Time Permanent Remote Work Opportunity
Putting people first, every day:
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
BDO is looking for a full-time permanent Dynamics GP Managed Services Consultant to join our Technology Consulting team, with the ability to work remotely from anywhere in Canada. The individual will own the following responsibilities:
- Service our Dynamics GP Managed Services customers across their various needs from traditional break-fix to enhancements and continue to build deep relationships where applicable
- Ownership and accountability for assigned customers’ requests i.e. taking their requests from intake to closure
- Understand the solutions from both the customer business and functional point of view
- Consult with the customer on the desired requirements in the case of a request or work with the customer to conduct initial diagnostics and assist with resolution in the scenario it is an incident
- Complete updates to all development tools (SysAid, SharePoint) and communicate to the customer end-user where applicable
- Collaborate with other consultants if and where required to take your request or incident to closure.
- Deliver on development activities on time and on budget per agreed to plan with the highest level of quality while producing code that is secure, reliable, reusable and scalable
- Efficiently troubleshoot and problem solve reported issues along with providing & executing an appropriate remediation plan
- Engage client or project manager where applicable to seek assistance especially in the scenario of customer, budget, scope or timeline concerns
- Create/update knowledge base entries, technical specifications or other related documents
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge
- Proactively find solutions and manage problems
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
- Remain up to date on development technologies, both current and future
- Perform various other duties as required
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; the client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- 5+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Experience and comfort level in supporting users remotely by phone and/or video conference
- Experience configuring Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics GP configurations where the application is integrated with other systems
- Microsoft Dynamics certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpretive skills – communicating with clients and interpreting their needs will be a daily activity
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Highly organized and able to work well under pressure both from clients and from team members
- Flexible and adaptable to change – we implement change for diverse clients on a daily basis
- Self-motivated – learning new skills without prompting is expected
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with the firm’s strategic plan and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter:
We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one and a market-leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.