Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Department: Engineering and Design Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Compensation: $42,870.00 – $57,900.00
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
Shift: Evenings and Night Shift
About the Organization
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc. is a rapidly expanding company that focuses on combining advances in software with innovative manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries. Using the expertise and dedication of 370+ employees (and counting), Protocase is proud to have a client base of more than 16,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more. We are proudly ISO:9001 certified and AS9100D registered, as well as ITAR compliant and registered with Canadian Controlled Goods.
To learn more about the company, visit: https://www.protocase.com/
45Drives offers a new way to store data. Instead of locking customers in to proprietary software contracts, 45Drives builds its storage systems with open-source software and commodity hardware, offering an unmatched price for a fully supported data storage solution customers can have confidence in. It’s important to us that we stay true to our community roots in our product development, technical support and business practices.
Learn more about 45Drives: http://www.45drives.com
Full disclosure, we work a little differently around here. This isn’t another job where you punch in and punch out, we come to work everyday because we wish to earn a living in a meaningful way.
We believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. We spend at least 1/3 of our lives working, so to do this and not be fulfilled or find purpose is just wrong.
At Protocase we create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. Does this sound like something you would like to be part of and help grow?
It only exists and thrives because each of us contributes in our own way. We are extremely fortunate to have an amazing group of customers who first of all, appreciate what we do for them, secondly work on projects that are literally changing the world and thirdly…and most importantly, voluntarily choose to buy from us.
Our Ethical Guidelines:
- Our Customers are #1
- Help Others Succeed
- Build and Maintain Functional Relationships with Everyone
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Common Sense
About the Opportunity
Protocase is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Technologist to join its Engineering and Design Services team in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia. Our customers – engineers, scientists and designers from the upper echelon of innovation and science – depend on Protocase to manufacture custom sheet metal products from scratch that meet their design specifications, all within our signature 2-3 day turnaround time. As a Mechanical Engineering Technologist, you will assist in preparing designs, drawings and specifications, based on customers’ inquiries and orders. A key part of your job entails interpreting customer-submitted designs in order to properly estimate costs and materials, schedule tasks and flag any issues. As with all Protocase employees, the successful candidate must be focused on our customers, who depend on us to accurately and efficiently manufacture quality custom products. Attention to detail and diligently following procedure is an absolute must.
We provide full training to our new team members. If you have the right aptitude and attitude, with a keen desire to learn and immerse yourself in our processes and procedures, you will be a great fit!
- One or more years’ experience in a mechanical engineering technology role, or equivalent experience an asset.
- Education: Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational, technical training or university, or equivalent
- Experience using Computer-aided design (CAD), such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Other key pieces of software: Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of Computer numerical control (CNC) machines would be considered a major asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Focus on client satisfaction
About the Benefits
Besides an annual compensation that ranges between $42,870.00 and $57,900.00 (35-50 hours per week), you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Group Insurance Benefits, cost-shared YMCA membership and Pension Plan (RRSP and DPSP) after six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Regular lunches and team building sessions
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration, and the sharing of ideas.