Marketing Operations Manager
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We’re a high-performing global team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is hiring a Marketing Operations Manager within the Lifecycle Marketing team who will support email and digital direct channel deployments (including, but not limited to, email, notifications, and in app messaging) and customer relationship management (CRM). Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations, the ideal candidate will execute on campaign-level Omni-channel plans (E-mail, InApp, etc) and will support the B2B marketing efforts and objectives, helping to highlight any automation or process improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Perform day-to-day email/direct channel program management through Pardot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud including regular importing of subscriber/customer data and the set-up, testing, and deployment of campaigns.
- Provide subject matter expertise leading the B2B, acquisition, Mobile Push and Ad Studio communications.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in strategizing, building, and optimizing complex customer journeys and experiences which align with department and company objectives.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of execution.
- Actively participate in ongoing review discussions to provide input into opportunities for optimization.
- Act as a CASL champion for FreshBooks, ensuring processes are CASL compliant, opt-in forms reflect approved legal language, all data requirements are met, and that the ongoing unsubscribe file is processed in-line with internal standards and documented processes.
- Act as key advocate for CRM and advanced email targeting opportunities – bringing forward new automation abilities and highlighting any required data integrations.
- Collaborate with data and analytics teams to form different audience segments using existing data points, ensuring that data plans are closely aligned with internal long-term objectives.
- Implement key automation tools provided by email and direct channel vendors and identify how to best drive advanced consumer experiences using personalization and triggered-based message approaches.
- Provide recommendations on how to better achieve these results through CRM strategie aligned to business goals.
- Measure results and optimize campaigns through A/B testing in order to improve open rate, deliverability, click rate, opt-out rate, conversion rate, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns.
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Support the CDP platform by working with the Data Operations Team and marketing stakeholders.
You will bring:
- University or College Degree in Marketing, E-commerce or Online Media.
- 5+ years digital marketing experience, specifically within data, email/CRM or personalization (Pardot is a requirement).
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS & SQL; able to code HTML (emails, landing pages) from scratch.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology – specifically Pardot. Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- An excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as lead generation, nurture campaigns, sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and cross functionally.
- Genuine passion for continuous learning and professional development.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong knowledge of Lead Generation practices and tactics; experience in nurture campaigns.
Why Join Us
We’re a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.