Marketing Data Analyst
Interested in solving real-world challenges for leading B2B SaaS companies? Bring your analytical and business-focused mindset to a team of digital marketing experts to create truly data-driven advertising. Build the tools and infrastructure our clients need, all among people who share your love of clean data and rigorous analysis.
Outshine’s Marketing Data Analysts create the infrastructure to accurately measure and report on our client’s digital advertising performance.
You’ll synthesize disparate data sources and ensure data integrity to help colleagues and clients draw actionable insights from the data, connect advertising performance to revenue, and reach their business goals.
About the Role:
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you will:
- Develop performance reporting for digital advertising, including defining the scope, scale and requirements of projects, setting up infrastructure to connect multiple data sources, and guide projects from inception to completion
- Maintain databases, systems, and data security and privacy obligations to ensure ensuring the data is clean, valid, correct, and usable
- Set up, audit, and refactor client dbt/Dataform projects
- Leverage various data warehouses, ETL tools and BI platforms for client projects (primarily BigQuery, Data Studio and Connected Google Sheets)
- Refactor SQL based on our best practices and style guide
- GCP administration
- Contribute to the culture of data-driven decisions at Outshine by:
- Communicating findings clearly to internal teams and clients
- Creating documentation and best practices
- Mentoring and training junior colleagues
- Staying on top of the latest research, tools, and techniques for tracking and measurement
To be the best fit for this role, you’ll have:
- 3+ years relevant experience in an analytics role at a marketing agency or SaaS company and a degree in Marketing Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
- A comprehensive understanding of the role and impact data can have in the marketing ecosystem and on revenue
- Proficiency in writing analytical SQL, using the command line and git, building data pipelines, and maintaining databases
- A solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Strong communications skills, particularly in explaining technical topics to others
- A passion for building the best version of any project and the motivation to work autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of security best practices and regulations including SOC 2, GDPR, and CCPA
Experience in, or knowledge of, any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Digital advertising knowledge including working with platforms like Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads Manager
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketo, HubSpot
- Scripting with Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience in BigQuery, Snowflake
High performers thrive at Outshine. We’re a group of professionals who share an infectious passion for challenging the status quo. Doing better than we did the day before is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
Our people are our greatest asset, and we don’t make any mistake about that. We invest massively in our team, offering:
- Above-market wages
- Health benefits as well as ample vacation & mental health/personal days
- RRSP matching
- Extensive training opportunities, including courses, conferences & a $5,000 learning allowance per year
To protect our team’s health and safety during the global pandemic, we are working in a distributed model, encouraging team members to work where they are most comfortable. For most, this means working from home, but other solutions (like co-working spaces) may be an option depending on current Covid-19 regulations. We also offer:
- An allowance to set up a home workspace
- Opportunities for team connection, including outdoor in-person activities (yoga, patio happy hours, and so on), as well as online opportunities (virtual coffee chats, Lunch & Learns, and more)
- Best-in-class collaboration tools including Slack, Zoom, and Asana
- A purpose-built onboarding experience intended to introduce colleagues to our industry and each other, regardless of remote or in-person
Our team is primarily based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, but we encourage candidates from other locations within Canada to apply.