Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
Wattpad is looking for a highly organized and engaged Marketing Coordinator to support Wattpad’s Marketing Team with content development and audience satisfaction. Reporting to the Merchandising Manager, you will coordinate and execute on online merchandising and seasonal strategies. Additionally, you’ll dive into our Story Title performance analytics, industry trends, and other competitive research. This’ll allow you to connect our users to the right story at the right time. This is a critical role where you will have the opportunity to interface with nearly all parts of the company and influence the titles that are shown throughout our product. This is the perfect position for someone who loves entertainment trends, technology, and culture with an appetite for data-driven experimentation and creative imagination to reach new audiences.
- Story Promotion (35%)
- Work closely with the Merchandising Manager to support building strategies for priority stories.
- Work cross-functionally with Wattpad Books, Wattpad Studios, Editorial, Creators & Content, community curators, and Social Media to identify, amplify, and grow top IP across geographies and languages (where needed) on platform.
- Support the Merchandising Manager with larger scale campaigns.
- Support international merchandising efforts at large.
- Research, Reporting and Analysis (35%)
- Track, analyze and report on merchandising tactics (Wattpad Home Feed Carousel and key funnel metrics to build monthly reports for regular in-app merchandising, inform key learnings, best practices, and future launch plans)
- Work with Merchandising Manager and User Experience Researchers to develop briefs and implement user research and surveys to collect and analyze insights relating to reader and story performance, entertainment trends, and fandoms to help inform go-to-market plans.
- Work closely with the Content & Creator team to share marketing reports to help inform top IP curation decisions.
- Report on the performance of featured and promoted titles.
- Planning and Departmental Support (30%)
- Maintain the Home Merchandising Content calendar to ensure it is up to date and all stakeholders are informed through regular communication. Facilitate scheduling meetings with team members.
- https://jobs.lever.co/wattpad/0f88aeb4-89b2-4ccc-a931-7ab8fe66d621Maintain the Homefeed Carousel calendar and ensure all stakeholders are informed through regular communication.
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years experience in marketing, or related fields.
- Experience with research, analyzing data, and using reporting software and methods, such as Amplitude or SQL.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, especially with Sheets or Slides.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Publishing, English, or a related field.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are a voracious reader who enjoys reading multiple genres with a strong point of view about what makes a story a hit. Experience with user-generated content is a huge plus.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, is organized, and can adapt to new processes.
- Proactive and thrives in ambiguity. A self-starter that can easily identify gaps to fill within their scope and works to improve them with minimal supervision.
- A team-player able to work cross-functionally with different personality traits across a range of practices.
- Familiarity with digital tools to analyze user behaviours (Google Analytics, Amplitude, Firebase) is an asset
- Fluency in a second language is an asset: Filipino or Spanish preferred, but German, Indonesian, French would also be useful.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Downtown Halifax, NS location, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play…and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.