Marketing & Communications Manager
At Digital Nova Scotia, we hire great people.
Our team is creative, collaborative and enthusiastic, and we’re looking for our latest addition. If you’re a strategic thinker with an eye for detail and love for marketing – please keep reading.
We’re seeking someone who enjoys wearing many hats, staying organized, and meeting new people. Our digital sector in Nova Scotia is growing fast, and the opportunities are endless. Our Marketing & Communications Manager will support a diverse portfolio, managing internal and external communications, social media, graphic design, special events, our website, and co-op students, all with a goal of engaging and advancing Nova Scotia’s tech sector.
What does the position look like?
- Act as brand champion ensuring consistent representation of DNS’ brand and core messaging.
- Lead DNS’ digital presence, including content creation, stakeholder engagement, increased public awareness, online conversations, and WordPress websites. This includes regular blog articles, DNS’ weekly email newsletter, social media management, paid advertising, website updates and enhancements, Google Analytics monitoring, and the Job Portal.
- Write and produce profile features and stories to highlight Nova Scotia’s growing tech sector, including Member of the Month profiles, videos, reels, and host DNS’ bi-weekly podcast.
- Develop communications strategies and materials for DNS’ projects, programs and core DNS functions, and collaborate with the team for marketing and communication needs.
- Support DNS events (such as webinars, workshops, lunch & learn sessions) through the Wild Apricot platform including set-up, registration, email notifications, and promotion.
- Contribute to DNS member engagement and outreach, as well as stakeholder relations and partnership development, acting as a champion for Digital Nova Scotia.
- Spearhead the Tech Forward Awards initiative, our annual awards event and our All Hands on Tech Podcast, and assist with special events and logistics as needed.
- Manage, mentor and support co-op students so they are set up for success while at DNS.
- Support DNS leadership in the development of project and program proposals and reports.
What we can offer:
We’re a collective of people that value one another, have a strong sense of community, and commitment to what we do. Our team culture is important to us, and we may be a little biased – but our team is pretty wonderful. As a non-profit, we work hard to ensure our team feels valued, appreciated and supported, and offer a few benefits to help show them how we feel:
- A flexible hybrid workplace, with a combination of working from home and at our downtown Halifax office
- Team get-togethers and activities throughout the year – we promise to keep them fun
- A Group Health and Benefits Plan, with 100% of the monthly premiums paid by DNS
- The opportunity to contribute ideas, creativity and input – as a team, we rely on each other to drive success in our projects/programs, and our team culture is a fundamental driver of that
- 15 days vacation annually, in addition to paid time off over the holiday season, 2 MyTime days, up to 4 “Summer Fridays” off in July and August (pilot), and 12 public holidays
- Access to professional development opportunities and a health spending allowance
Here’s what we need:
- 5 years experience in a communications and/or marketing role
- High attention to detail that is reflected in strategies, communications, and outputs
- Organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience leading important conversations
- Ability to work well independently, in a team, and as a leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication – to engage with DNS’ target audiences and various stakeholders, and for written features/profiles.
- Experience in Google Workspace and Analytics, Canva, WordPress, and social media
- An interest in the tech sector
Here’s what we see as assets for the role:
- Experience working in, or with, a non-profit organization or the tech sector
- Previous experience or a comfort working within; CRMs, Slack, Hootsuite, Monday.com and Asana
- Experience in people management and event planning
Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Salary range: $50,000-$60,000
Location: Hybrid – Combination of remote and at our office: 1301-1809 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS
Applicants must include a resume and cover letter.