Marketing and Communications Specialist
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the national Consumer Insolvency Business Unit (CIBU) in achieving the business goals of client attraction, growth and branding across Canada by coordinating and executing a broad range of marketing and communication activities.
As a Marketing and Communications Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Manager, Marketing and Communications – Consumer Insolvency to execute and contribute to the development of national marketing plans and campaigns for Grant Thornton’s Consumer Insolvency Business Unit. Collaborating with the Marketing Coordinator, Business Unit Leaders, Agencies and National Marketing in areas such as communications, digital marketing, advertising and content creation.
- Overseeing digital marketing strategy encompassing web, social, SEO and SEM in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Conducting competitor and industry analysis on a regular basis.
- Supporting CIBU’s Thought Leadership program, including researching, writing and editing of blogs, infographics, reports and articles.
- Working with marketing team to book and coordinate the production of advertisements including briefing graphic designers, liaising with the website/publications and ensuring on-time delivery.
- Copywriting and layout of marketing materials within established brand templates.
- Assisting in the creation and execution of internal communications such as newsletters, emails and surveys.
- Reporting and analysis of marketing campaign metrics, conversion rates, web traffic, client trends, and satisfaction surveys.
- Ensuring brand consistency across all materials both online and offline.
- Leveraging productive relationships with colleagues in CIBU and across firm.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Marketing and Communications Specialist? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Marketing Diploma/Degree in marketing, communication or public relations
- 2+ years related experience
- 2+ years of experience with digital and email marketing
- 2+ years of experience with campaign planning, implementation, measurement and reporting
- 2+ years of B2C marketing
- SEO and SEM knowledge
- Experience working with web content management software (CMS) (WordPress)
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills are essential, with demonstrated experience writing for social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and strong awareness of design and typographic principles
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail/accuracy
- Highly organized, self-motivated, adept at managing change and priorities with an ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience with MS Office Suite, and familiarity with technology to support marketing initiatives
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and use those insights to develop actionable ideas
- The ability to work individually or in a team environment
The skills and attributes that would be considered assets for this position include:
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Google Analytics, WordPress, Mailchimp, and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (including video editing).
- Knowledge of Local SEO
- Experience working with agencies
- Bilingualism (French/English)
Additional Note: The successful candidate will support the marketing and communication activities of the national Consumer Insolvency Business Unit and will be located, ideally in Halifax, Nova Scotia or Toronto, Ontario.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.