Data & Reporting Developer
Hi, we’re Maplewave! We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
The Data & Business Intelligence team at Maplewave is looking for a talented Data & Reporting Developer to help improve, maintain, and manage our reporting ecosystem.
The goals of the position are three-fold:
- Make it quick and easy for our customers to get relevant information from Maplewave products.
- Build systems and processes to reduce the maintenance overhead of our ETL and reporting ecosystem.
- Ensure that the full potential of our BI systems is realized.
The right candidate will have strong attention to detail, excel in writing SQL code, and have experience in working with reporting software in a Linux/MySQL environment.
You’ll work on setting up, improving, and maintaining many instances of reporting servers (Tibco’s Jasper Server Reporting Suite), and help develop CI-CD processes to automate this process. You’ll also have a role in developing ETL jobs and maintaining the underlying ETL systems.
You’ll engage with business and data analysts, data consumers, and data providers to design, build, and maintain enterprise-level, scalable BI and reporting ecosystems that support the creation of advanced reporting and analytics for our customers.
This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future, there is a chance to work from our office in Nova Scotia or be 100% remote in Canada.
- Work with business analysts and customers to develop, update, and maintain suites of reports.
- Write code to perform ETL and other related data-moving and cleansing tasks and carry out monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Write code to build CI-CD automation around our reporting ecosystem (ETL jobs, reporting server deployments, report deployment, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and optimize our reporting servers, perform upgrades, etc.
- Performance tuning to optimize ETL and reporting SQL queries.
- Write and maintain documentation and data dictionaries.
- Build and maintain advanced reports, and design ad-hoc reporting domains.
- A post-secondary degree or higher in a technology-related field, such as Computer Science, Computer and Information Systems, or an equivalent level of related job experience.
- Ability to conceptualize and translate clients’ reporting needs into tangible and useful reports/data feeds/etc.
- Ability to deliver a high level of quality and service to clients and internal stakeholders alike, and exude professionalism, empathy, and a focus on quality during customer interactions.
- Willing and able to champion your own innovative ideas with respect to improving internal processes.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and self-prioritize.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts, as required.
- Telco experience is considered an asset (but not required).
Technical knowledge in:
- Experience working with open-source ETL and scheduling tools.
- 1+ years of experience working in an AWS environment.
- Exposure to containerization, preferably Docker/Kubernetes and/or the Openshift suite.
- 1+ years of experience in CI-CD programming, Dev-Ops, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and general SQL writing.
- 1-2+ years of experience working in a Linux + MySQL environment.
- Experience designing and developing reports and dashboards, or data analytics products.
- You have a high degree of familiarity with Linux (CentOS).
- Experience in one or both of Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and/or Java development.
- Experience developing reporting and BI solutions in Tibco’s Jaspersoft BI suite, or a similar BI toolset like Business Objects, SQL Server reporting services, etc.
- Experience working with Atlassian project management tools, like JIRA and Confluence.