Systems Engineer Associate- Cyber Security Engineer
Specific Job Description
The successful candidate will be called to work at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Stadacona in Halifax once the necessary security clearances have been granted by the government of Canada.
Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin) is Canadau0027s most successful Combat System Integrator (CSI) specializing in large sophisticated integration projects. We take advantage of advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems for naval warships.
The candidate will be involved in the Halifax Class Frigate In-Service Support (ISS) Program, specifically supporting the development of Cyber Security and Operating System level changes for the Combat Management System (CMS). This will include development with industry leading technology including Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewall Appliances, and Linux based servers. The candidate will function in a multi-disciplined team environment.
Job activities including but not limited to:
- Develop Cyber Security related solutions for the CMS System of the Halifax Class Frigate
- Integration of an intrusion detection system and related security event analytics
- Integration of a firewall appliance, traffic shaping profiles, and network segmentation rules
- Hardening of Linux based operating systems to industry standards published by NIST and ITSG-33
- Hands on development with the CMS of the Halifax Class Frigate
- Occasional on ship support as required
- Cyber Security Incident Response and Support as required
- System architecture, design, and integration
- Cyber Security Risk Based prioritization of system changes and issues.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- 0-3 years of Engineering experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in software, hardware, systems, mechanical, electrical or electronics engineering or a related discipline (Equivalent experience/combined education will be considered)
- Experience with Software, Systems, Hardware or Maintenance engineering lifecycles
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.