Ship Integration And Design Engineer â€ Above Water Warfare Systems
Specific Job Description
- Support the Ship Integrated Product Team (IPT) with review of Design Agent Subcontract Deliverables List artifacts in support of both platform and combat systems ship integration activity
- Support both platform and combat systems program working groups
- Provide technical expertise and support to the Ship Design Agent in the development of the Combat Systems ship Design Package including:Room Arrangements, Operations Room Layout, Mast Design / Analysis, Topside Combat Systems Equipment Arrangements / Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3s) Analysis, Technical Documentation and Drawing Development, Ship Design artifacts Interfacing with design agents, shipyard and Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) customer.
- Review of ship marine machinery arrangements and Marine Systems Engineering Artifacts
- Support customer teams in Design for Build preparatory activity
- Support Ship Classification and Certification Activity
- Develop and measure Technical Data Packages (TDPs) for Combat System upgrade to track performance
- Sub-Contractor technical documentation reviews in support of ship design deliverables: Ship Design, Signature Management (Radio Communications System (RCS), Laser, Optical, Infra-Red, Acoustic), Hydrodynamics, Transverse Analysis, Human Factors Engineering, Ship Design technical performance management.
- Participate in the development of the following products:Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and cost estimates, Close liaison with the Design Agent (DA) is required which could include regular travel.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical engineering, and/or Combat Systems Engineering and/or Naval Architect
- At least 5-8 years of experience in an Naval Platform or Combat Systems Engineering role
- Experience in Naval Surface Warfare systems (Above-Water Warfare (AWW) Vertical Launch Systems (VLS), Main and Secondary Gun Systems)
- Experience with ship platform and combat systems design and analysis (Hull/Structural, Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Transverse Engineering)
- Experience in ship Cable Management and cable/connector design
- Experience in ship design/engineering in relation to survivability (Intact and damage stability, survivability)
- Experience in Shipboard Aviation Support Systems
- Experience with Classification Society rules/regulations
- 5-10 years of experience in a naval engineering or naval shipbuilding environment
- Experience in ship general arrangements, space arrangements and outfitting, using Two Dimensional (2D) or Three Dimensional (3D) AutoCAD or other Computer Aided Design (CAD) software
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to prioritize competing demands.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.