Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Specific Job Description
The Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Total Ship Infrastructure (TSI) Integrated Product Team (IPT) is hiring a Systems Engineer in support of designing product physical architectures onboard ship.
The successful candidate will:
- Attend working groups with key internal and external stakeholders to form Concept of Operations (COO) / define scopeLiaison with external agencies who own/operate enterprise shore-based infrastructure
- Define high-level interfaces with external systems
- Assist in the requirement definition (gather/derive), combine and analyze functional and technical requirements. Recommend appropriate technological designs and solutions that align with customer requirements, the company’s technical strategy and which provides the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- Assist in the design of the Physical Architecture (Hardware (HW) Specifications, Physical interfaces, HW envelope, etc.
Perform Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Assess and demonstrate that the system infrastructure meets required performance, environmental, and cyber accreditation
- Support Customer Design Reviews
- Perform design integration for complex, cross-domains systems (Multiple Independent Level of Security (MILS))
- Analyze system (network, storage, etc.) needs and define architecture (topology, cyber settings, automated health monitoring, etc.)
- Survey of the technologies in the marketplace, the trends in the industry and technology selection, including trade-off studies and prototype demonstrations. Define technology criteria selection based on required performance and conduct trade-off analysis
- Documentation, including full architecture, HW and operating environment (full functional system as a proof of concept)Perform front-end & back-end equipment selection & determine cabinet layout impacts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- Excellent technical writing skills, including the ability to interpret and distil difficult technical comments for non-technical audiences
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure designs, network components and server management, including routers, switches, firewalls, Windows, Linux, virtualization technologies, containers etc.
- Ability to quickly learn complex technical and contractual information
- Networking background.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.