Java Microservices Developer
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Java Microservice Developers Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (Hybrid – Remote and in-office) Full-time || Co-Op/Intern We are looking for passionate, high-energy, technology graduates to join our growing dynamic Halifax Team. You will be joining our recently opened near-shore center in Halifax as an Associate Consultant to help us accelerate the digital transformation journey for our clients.
- Approach work with a positive attitude and self-motivating mindset.
- Candidates with core values alignment and strong ethical character.
- Clear and effective articulation of ideas, facts, and perspectives with examples
- Excellent Problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Smart mindset to handle high-pressure, complex situations effectively
- Maintain high standards for code quality, and ability to refactor for optimized innovative solutions
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships to work effectively toward common goals
- Bachelors/ 4-year college degree with related to Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- 2 years of working experience or internship
Good to Have Technical Skills:
- Development experience in Java Microservice or Angular, HTML, CSS
- Experience with RESTful ,Familiar with JEE and Microservice
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Experience with OOP, Core Java and Java 8 Programming
- Working knowledge in Spring Framework and associated modules like AOP, Data, MVC, Controllers, Rest Controllers, Property Configuration, Spring Security
- Able to write REST API end point using Spring MVC Framework
- Able to work both in Spring Boot and Spring Vanilla Flavors.
Virtusa Corporation is a global provider of digital business strategy, digital engineering, and information technology (IT) services and solutions that help clients change, disrupt and unlock new value through innovative engineering. Virtusa serves Global 2000 companies in Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Communications, Media, Entertainment, Travel, Manufacturing, and Technology industries.
Virtusa helps clients grow their business with innovative products and services that create operational efficiency using digital labor, future-proof operational and IT platforms, and rationalization and modernization of IT applications infrastructure. This is achieved through a unique approach blending deep contextual expertise, empowered agile teams, and measurably better engineering to create holistic solutions that drive the business forward at unparalleled velocity enabled by a culture of cooperative disruption. To learn more about Virtusa visit