IT Systems Administrator
GBS Technologies provides Managed IT services to small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) and is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to support, onboard, and maintain the systems of our clients. We provide a comprehensive managed IT service to our clients including email, desktop, and server support, managed networks, managed endpoint and cloud security, backup and disaster recovery, and business voice and collaboration. The successful candidate will have a combination of technical and social skills and work as part of a team to deliver a great customer experience.
The successful candidate should have proven experience as a systems administrator or similar role and an in-depth understanding of IT systems. The best systems administrator should have excellent communication skills and a willingness to work with all members of the team to support requests.
- Administer, monitor, and troubleshoot a wide variety of commercial IT systems, ranging from desktops, servers, networking, storage, and mobile devices.
- Administer, monitor, and troubleshoot backup solutions, Disaster Recovery solutions, remote connectivity, and security solutions including firewall management and network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networks, and virtual server environments.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software issues on desktops & laptops.
- Willingness to work in any role in an IT Support group.
- Support and promote Managed IT Services, VoIP solutions, and information technology offerings.
- Uncover business opportunities leading to the creation of innovative information technology solutions with new and existing customers.
- Develop long-term, valued business relationships with customers and partners.
- Maintain a degree of knowledge regarding information technology products and the ability to communicate this knowledge to clients.
- Develop a solid understanding of the managed services and information technology used by clients.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, policies, and supporting documentation as required.
- 5 years of experience in IT support required and 2 years as a systems administrator or similar role.
- Security+, MCSA, MCSE, or other relevant industry certification considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V is considered essential and any other virtualization environments are considered an asset.
- Experience deploying, migrating, and administration of Microsoft 365 suite including Outlook, Teams, One Drive, and SharePoint.
- In-depth experience with server environments including domain controllers, on-prem AD, and Azure AD, user permissions, and roles.
- Knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change management processes would be an asset.
- The ability to communicate effectively across broad levels of client representatives from highly technical employees to senior executives.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, punctual, and reliable candidates with a passion for IT & supporting users will be favored.
- Driver’s License Required.
- Family work environment
- Access to the latest technology
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- System administration: 5 years (preferred)