IT Support Technician
Scotia Logic is currently seeking two (2) experienced IT Desktop Field Technicians in the CBRM area of Nova Scotia. Successful candidates will be responsible for supporting PC-based computers and related equipment for customers and for providing technical expertise, experience and documentation/project coordination as required to install or repair hardware/software and resolve technical problems.
Please submit your resume by email to: email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software issues on client PC’s and mobile devices using approved methods and processes.
- Install hardware and software for clients. Install/configure/repair network and local printers.
- Complete necessary internal and client related documentation as required on a daily basis.
- Train clients on basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate and interact with end users and internal staff to resolve IT related issues.
- Accountable for ticket aging.
- Positive and proactive attitude with customer’s best interest in mind.
- Acknowledge and escalate issues that are brought to your attention, but may fall outside of IT support.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of PC desktop support.
- Intermediate knowledge of local and network printer support.
- Basic knowledge of Networking and Windows based servers.
- Customer service related experience.
- Basic knowledge of ticket based tracking system.
- Will be subject to a criminal background and reliability check
- Valid Class-5 Nova Scotia drivers license and clean drivers abstract
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Dependable transportation to/from the Sydney office.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends if required.
- Ability to work as part of an 24-7 on-call rotation (tri-weekly)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, climb ladders up to 15 feet, work in confined spaces, sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Education / Training / Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with Windows 7/10 OS, Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, PC re-imaging.
- Minimum of three (3) year experience with PC and laptop hardware.
- A+ Certification
Preferred / Assets
- Certification in Server + or Network+
- Certification in Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Certification in Dell Hardware.
- Certification in Xerox Printers/Hardware.
- Certification in HP Hardware.
- Certification in IBM/Lenovo Hardware.
- Other IT / Computer Science education
- First Aid and/or WHMIS certifications
Salary: $42,000.00-$47,500.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- +On call every 3rd week (evenings and weekend)