IT Support Specialist
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
IT Support Specialist
When it comes to technical problem solving, you are everyone and anyone’s go-to. Throughout your career, you have built a reputation for providing exceptional client service and can easily jump in and provide support. Detailed, collaborative, and analytical, you balance multiple priorities and deadlines without breaking a sweat.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist will provide in office technical support for client based applications and internal workstation equipment.
What you will do.
- Act as a liaison between end users and administrators as needed to provide an additional level of support;
- Support end users in day-to-day IT tasks, including troubleshooting of workstations, printers, test devices and other office IT equipment or services
- Administer Windows Servers under the guidance of System Administrators
- Monitor support inboxes, Jira tickets, and Slack support channels
- Assist in the registration and management of the hardware and software inventory
- Action emails and request and/or pass on to appropriate developer teams
- Provide client-based (IBM) Application Support via email/slack
- Communicate support issues to developers and contribute to client application problem solving
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers and internal groups
- Participate in problem resolution in a multiplatform environment, propose changes that will prevent further occurrences.
- Attend regular Application Support meetings to keep abreast of upcoming projects and ongoing support flows
- Take ownership of problems and management assigned tasks completing them in a timely fashion
- Develop, maintain process documentation on support processes and procedures
- Multitask handling support tasks and hit multiple project targets while working in a dynamic environment
- Other duties as required
What we expect.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with supporting end users
- Relevant experience in helpdesk or enterprise application technical support
- Relevant secondary education in Information Technology or another related field.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 or above
- Knowledge of networking principles and VPN
- Proficient with MacOS and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of IBM Notes considered a asset
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle will be required.
What you can expect.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your health. From fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, to pension plan contribution matching, to access to a free on-site gym and a healthy living allowance, we always want you feeling your best.
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. With annual personal development allowance to trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we want to give you the chance to hone and learn new skills.
Your happiness. We want you to enjoy coming to work every day and we make sure to create a flexible environment that allows just that. This means free delicious snacks, remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, saunas, and much more.
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
This position is based out of our Bedford office. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.