IT Support Specialist
When it comes to technical problem solving, you are everyone and anyone’s go-to. Throughout your career, you have built a reputation for providing exceptional client service and can easily jump in and provide support. Detailed, collaborative, and analytical, you balance multiple priorities and deadlines without breaking a sweat.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist will provide in office technical support for client based applications and internal workstation equipment. Work hours are primarily 9-5, Monday-Friday; however, some after-hours work (in person, via telephone or remote) may be required.
What you will do.
- Act as a liaison between end users and software developers as needed to provide an additional level of support;
- Support end users in day-to-day IT tasks, including troubleshooting of workstations, printers, test devices and other office IT equipment or services
- Administer Windows Servers under the guidance of System Administrators
- Monitor support inboxes, Jira tickets, and Slack support channels
- Register and maintain inventory of workstations, test devices and other equipment
- Action emails and request and/or pass on to appropriate developer teams
- Provide client-based Application Support when required
- Process Application Data, extract data from the system and prepare reports for end-users and management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers and internal groups
- Participate in problem resolution in a multiplatform environment, propose changes that will prevent further occurrences.
- Attend regular Application Support meetings to keep abreast of upcoming projects and ongoing support flows
- Take ownership of problems and manage assigned tasks completing them in a timely fashion
- Identify and document potential risks/improvements in the environment and provide resolution options to management.
- Develop, maintain process documentation on support processes and procedures.
- Multitask handling support tasks and hit multiple project targets while working in a dynamic environment
- Other duties as required
What we expect.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working in a similar role
- Relevant experience in helpdesk or enterprise application technical support
- Relevant secondary education in Information Technology or another related field.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 or above
- Knowledge of networking principles and VPN
- Proficient with MacOS and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of IBM Notes considered a asset
- Able to define requirements and take on tasks with minimal supervision and juggle multiple deadlines
- Confident handling/coordinating multiple tasks with changing priority levels
- Naturally analytic, a good team player, strong work ethic
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle will be required.