Remote – Development – Full time
Since we launched in 2019, CapIntel has been on a mission to elevate finance to build wealth for all; this means helping advisors better support their clients, so they feel at ease knowing their future is secure. We’ve mastered the client experience around investments and are working with some of the largest wealth brands in North America to modernize their sales processes with innovative Wealth Tech. CapIntel’s sales enablement platform helps enterprises bridge crucial efficiency and communication gaps by enhancing how advisors and wholesalers analyze, present, and sell investments to retail investors. CapIntel is expanding rapidly, having achieved over 750% in growth in 2021, and we’re continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the wealth industry.
We’re seeking someone with broad technical knowledge to remotely identify, troubleshoot, and resolve user issues on a variety of devices – Windows or macOS laptops, smart phones, and other peripherals. You’ll also configure devices, perform maintenance tasks, system monitoring, manage inventory, and update documentation.
What you’ll do
- Provide 1st level support for all hardware and software problems reported documenting problems and solutions as required
- Escalate and route complex or unsolved problems
- Perform new installations and updates for IT equipment, including desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
- Provide basic training to end users on both hardware and applicable software
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance or improve current business processes
- Ensures software, hardware, and network installations, re-installs, upgrades, moves, changes and relocations are made when necessary and as required
- Assist on projects or special initiatives as assigned
- Ensures that all Department records and stored items are up to date and filed properly
- Follow up on the Department purchases and maintain good relations with our vendors
- We’re a growing company and knowthat this role will continue to evolve, develop and expand based on your growth of capabilities!
Who you bring
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Coordinator or similar role
- Great understanding of cybersecurity standards and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills, time management with ability to prioritize multiple conflicting priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- A strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn
- Strong ability to resolve technical challenges and research solutions
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience working with MDM solutions, such as Microsoft Intune
- Bold, gritty and curious character
Our compensation portfolio
- Salary We’re proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determining your salary that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present you our best salary offer so you don’t have to worry about playing the negotiation game.
- Benefits Our comprehensive benefit package is available from your first day and if something doesn’t quite meet your needs, we also offer a generous healthcare spending allowance.
- Time away from work We love working at CapIntel, but we also love our lives outside of work. We offer competitive vacation days, lifecare days, and company holidays and build in some flexibility too!
- Professional growth: We thrive on building our career journeys by learning, mentoring and experiencing through our jobs, our colleagues and our leadership team. Not only do we encourage it, but we also enforce a culture that ensures we thrive, grow and evolve.
- Belonging We respect, appreciate and celebrate our individuality. And we know that our diverse perspectives further each other and our business along the path towards greatness. We find ways to socialize, build a sense of community (even if it is across the country!) and challenge each other to share creativity in our “safe-to-fail” environment. We’re committed to making sure you know you’re appreciated for exactly who you are.
Where we work
- Remote first. We’re a remote-first work environment with hubs of virtual employees in Halifax, Ottawa/Gatineau, and Southwestern Ontario (and a few others scattered across Canada) and we trust our teammates to work in the location that allows them to do their best work – remotely or in person. For this role, we do find value in our IT and DevOps teammates being able to connect, collaborate, learn from and mentor one another in-person, so we are looking for someone who has access to regularly commute to our Gatineau office.
How we work
These principles guide our decisions towards our common goal of success.
- Prioritize & Execute
We’re actively seeking candidates for this position, and keen to see your application. If this role interests you, please submit your application no later than June 30th, 2022. However, we’re keen to fill this role, so we’ll reach out and hire the candidate even before the deadline, so don’t wait until the last minute to apply!
Equity, diversity and accessibility
CapIntel believes that all dimensions of diversity are a strength, and that we have a role to play in actively reducing and eliminating systemic barriers to employment equity. We believe in equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, language, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family and marital status, neurodivergence, national origin, and age. We cultivate an inclusive workplace where people excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
If you require an accommodation that will reduce a barrier to your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Talent & Employee Experience teammates will work with you on options to ensure you are set up for success.