IT Operations Analyst
- Requisition ID: 167851
- Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
- Job Category: IT Operations
- Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Country: Canada (CA)
- Province: Nova Scotia
- City: Stellarton
- Location: Foord St. Office
- Postal Code: B0K 1S0
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for an IT Operations Analyst. This role is based out of our office in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
As an IP Operations Analyst with Sobeys, you will:
- Participate in the delivery of industry standard, state of the art solutions for IT Operations including controls, Batch job scheduling, monitoring and process, as directed
- Administration and support of IT Operations specific applications
- Analyze and liaise with operations support groups and vendors to resolve issues affecting IT Operations and the Data Centre infrastructure Including; after hours support for Data Centre Problem Management
- Participate in operational and Data Centre infrastructure related initiatives and implementation of any changes
- Update the IT Operations procedural library as directed; This includes the creation, refinement, and publication of IT Operations and Data Centre Standards and procedures
- Train IT Computer Operators staff relating to changes in procedures, methodologies, problem resolution techniques, and ongoing support
- Participate in analyzing, determining, and implementing changes that improve departmental efficiencies and overall cost of operation
- Assist/backup the IT Disaster Recovery Coordinator (DR) to work with the various IT and business groups for the creation of new, and maintenance of current, disaster recovery plans
- Assist/backup the DR Coordinator in the planning, execution, and reporting of disaster recovery tests involving the various IT Groups and business representatives
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a DEC and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Experience with Data Centre monitoring and scheduling techniques · Experience with multiple operating systems; specifically AIX and Windows
- ITIL foundations Certified preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure fundamentals would be an asset
- Experience with, or basic knowledge of scripting and programming would be an asset
- Thorough knowledge of data centre infrastructure components related to Power, UPS, HVAC, Switch-gear, Fire Suppression, and Security
- Proven knowledge of Control-M and batch processing techniques
- Ability to develop, refine, and implement IT Operations standards
Ability to provide knowledge transfer to IT Operations staff as appropriate
- Ability to evaluate past problem history and develop historical trends in order to improve future service delivery
- Strong skills in customer service and vendor interaction
- Ability to multi task effectively, manage a stressful environment as well as demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn
- Proven ability to prioritize, document, analyze, track, and resolve problems as they relate to IT Operations
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.