IT & EPMO Finance Manager – EN
- Requisition ID: 168504
- Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
- Job Category: Finance IT & EPMO
- Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Country: Canada (CA)
- Province: Nova Scotia
- City: Stellarton
- Location: Foord St. Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full time opportunity for a IT & EPMO Finance Manager to join our Finance department based out of our office in Stellarton, NS or Mississauga, ON.
What you will get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Play a leading role in our Reporting, Forecasting, and Budgeting processes related to IT & EPMO
- Provide IT & EPMO leadership with critical financial information to drive effective and efficient decision making in their business
- Lead budgeting and forecasting process including variance analysis, financial R&O identification and tracking within IT & EPMO streams
- Provide accurate planning and reporting of project costs based on capitalization policies
- Liaising with business finance leads to ensure appropriate IT & EPMO costs are incorporated and tracked with business cases
- Lead preparation of management reporting and analytics for IT & EPMO leadership including period end close and reporting and commentary preparation for Corporate FP&A
- Analyze, investigate, and report on P&L performance and variances between budget, forecast and actual results
- Identify risks and opportunities each month and work with Finance teams to mitigate risks and create solutions to drive revenue, enhance margins, and reduce costs
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, where colleagues in your department are encouraged and recognized for generating and implementing innovative ideas
- Ensure efficient and effective project cost management processes are in place to support Charter and Change Request processes and regular forecasting, budgeting and reporting
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Enrolled in a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) or equivalent experience
- An Undergraduate Degree Accounting and/or finance preferred
- IFRS Accounting standards knowledge required
- Accounting Designation (CA, CMA or CGA) (preferred)
- A minimum of 7 years or more of Accounting/ Finance experience in progressively responsible positions
- Experience in business case analysis, budgeting, forecasting, ROI, etc.
- Extensive systems knowledge in operational and financial systems (SAP, Excel, Analysis for Office, etc)
- Finance experience in the retail sector preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
Profit sharing plan
Flexible working arrangements
Ongoing Training & Development
Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for
employees who are strong performers
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.