IT Audit & Third Party Assurance, Consultant / Auditor (CPA Students Welcome)
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
BDO Canada LLP is looking for an IT Audit & Third Party Assurance, Consultant / Auditor, to join our Risk Advisory team with ability to work from anywhere in Canada. The individual will own the following responsibilities:
- Execute and deliver on project deliverables relating primarily to SOC 1/CSAE 3416/ SOC 2 / ISA audits, as well as assessments against other relevant frameworks.
- Perform assessments of IT General Controls for purposes of financial statement audits and SOX 404 engagements
- Review, document, evaluate, and test business processes and internal controls for design and operational effectiveness in a wide range of environments and industries
- Develop client deliverables, including risk assessments, analyses, recommendations, and reporting documentation
- Collaborate with engagement teams to establish timelines and ensure high quality client service through daily progress of fieldwork and communication of updates to Managers and staff
- Support in driving innovation in service delivery; ensure delivery is in line with firm’s Quality and Risk management requirements/expectations
- Assist Managers with business development proposals on existing/new clients
- Assist Managers in developing/refreshing methodologies related to our existing/new solutions
- Supervise and review work performed by subordinates and provide qualitative inputs before submission of deliverables to Managers/client (as the case may be)
- Maintain a proactive and logical approach to information gathering and present complex ideas through clear communications
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness and quality of deliverables and services
- Solicit and apply feedback from Senior Consultants and Managers to enhance the quality and efficiency of future engagements
- Build positive working relationships with clients and identify improvements for future assignments
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
Your Experience And Education
- You have completed or are pursuing a professional designation (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience in a risk advisory, consulting, internal audit, or external audit setting
- Relevant experiences in IT audit or related Technology risk audits
- You have a strong acumen for information technology and can assess information from an audit perspective
- You can diagnose project issues, build solutions, and draft impactful communications for clients
- You display strong problem solving, leadership, and communication skills
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success – We enable you to engage with the firm’s strategic plan and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success – We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries, and markets.
- Personal success – Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .