iOS Developer (Remote or Halifax)
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
As an iOS Developer, you will become part of a team that works on complex and cutting edge iOS apps, games and many other projects for the world’s leading media and entertainment brands. You’re the first to know about new trends or tools and always looking for the next challenge to tackle.
Collaboration is the name of the game in our office which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. You’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team of designers, animators, and developers. Together, we are inventing innovative, captivating interactive experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
- Minimum of three years’ experience developing mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, and other mobile technologies supported by an IT Diploma or Bachelor/Master of Computer Science.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Objective-C, Swift, C/C++ and experience with iOS App or Framework development
- Object-Oriented programming experience
- Ability to analyze assigned tasks, provide accurate work estimates, and manage time to keep development on schedule.
- Experience publishing your own Apps on App Store or Google Play markets or have worked on a team that has done so.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to explain complex technical issues
- Work well in an ever-changing, fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a group alongside team members including developers, designers, project managers, and clients as well as individually.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- A desire to work with a variety of technologies as well as the ability to adapt to change and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in one or more Android domains including Java applications, Android SDK/NDK is an asset.
- Previous experience with other mobile SDKs, particularly Android and releasing Apps as well as knowledge of cross-platform tools like Unity, PhoneGap, Titanium, etc.
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Halifax office OR has the opportunity to be remote. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.