Reference Number: 10146
Department: Customer Solutions
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
Type of Employment: Regular, Full-time
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety and our customers, we’re committed to providing exceptional electricity service to Nova Scotians and rewarding careers for our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Intraday Analyst in the Workforce Team of our Customer Care Center
- Assist with creating, analyzing and optimizing call volume forecasts and staff work schedules. Determine optimum staffing requirements to meet defined service levels;
- Coordinate and optimize all agent off-line time (e.g. training, meetings, vacations, etc.) in a Multi-skill environment.
- Analyze daily intra-day reports and recommend changes to staff complement as necessary based on real time data;
- Prepare daily, monthly and yearly performance reports for all Customer Care Center key performance metrics;
- Support the Management team by preparing and analyzing data to support projects, business process changes, regulatory inquiries, etc.;
- Create staff schedules for regular operations as well as significant storm events and manage staff accommodations logistics for when they occur;
- Assist with maintaining system configuration information and agent profiles in a skills-based routing environment;
- Support Power Generation Staff planning by being available for an on-call rotation
- Bi-weekly Payroll processing
You must be able to work flexible hours within a 24-hour, 7 days per week operation.
Core hours would be Monday thru Friday in a 35-hour work week between 8 am – 8 pm.
You will be responsible for personal safety and that of co-workers by observing and ensuring compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations. You will be accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Business or Technical Diploma or Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Workforce Role
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite, and considered an advanced Excel user.
- A successful history of working with Crystal Reports or other branded reporting tools; SQL Preferred
- Knowledge and experience of NICE Workforce Management or similar scheduling applications (IEX, Aspect, etc)
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities with high attention to detail;
- The ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and identify opportunities to improve business challenges as they occur
- Ability to make quick decisions based on available information;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for providing exceptional customer service, able to successfully interact with peers, supervisors and employees
- Able to work well independently and flexible on duties/workload within your own small team;
- Demonstrated knowledge of a large Contact Center structure with past experience working in one
At Nova Scotia Power, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate for this position you speak up on health, safety and environment issues, and demonstrate a belief that all injuries are preventable. You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change. You build strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers. Lastly, we encourage you to proactively ask questions and seek information to understand how your work relates to the business goals and make well informed decisions.
Reports to: Supervisor, Workforce Management in the Customer Care Center
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than July 10th, 2022 Late applications may not receive consideration
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
In accordance with Emera’s occupational health and safety program and the Emera Vaccine Program, subject to any approved accommodation, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means 14 days since having the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
At Emera we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with