Intermediate & Senior Java Developers (Full-stack/Core)
Location: Halifax, NS (Currently remote with Hybrid option for fully vaccinated employees)
Other locations: We also have vacancies that can be based in Fredericton, NB; Moncton, NB or Stratford, PE. We also have fully remote options for candidates based anywhere in NB, NS, NL or PEI.
Status: Permanent full-time
CGI is seeking a hardworking, creative, Java developer to join a high-performing Agile team in designing and building modern, services-based web applications for clients.
Our team is using a modern development stack and various additional open-source technologies. You will have the opportunity to help build and modernize the system applications for cloud deployment. Grow your development skills with in-demand technologies through experiential learning and self-directed training as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside customers.
If you are an experienced Java Developer looking to grow your career by applying your expertise to complex projects with one of the largest international IT and business services consulting firm, this role is for you! We are urgently seeking talented individuals to join our Halifax team at CGI as we continue to grow substantially across Atlantic Canada.
What’s it like working at CGI in Atlantic Canada?
– Compensation: We offer a very competitive total compensation package including a base salary, flexible benefits program, paid vacation, share purchase matching program, profit participation program, health spending account, and more!
– Re-location assistance: If you are re-locating to Halifax, we will assist with your moving expenses.
– Career progression: We are committed to your career progression and we backup this up by investing in your learning and development and providing you access to world-class SMEs for mentorship. You can progress your career at the pace of your ability, initiative, and value you bring to clients.
– Culture: Our team has a diverse and inclusive culture, flexible work location arrangements and will provide you with everything that you need to work remotely.
Future Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and align to overall architecture.
- We have full stack opportunities in addition to back end or front end depending on your preference.
- We are growing new teams in new industries, which affords you opportunity as a senior member, to expand your role and influence, by leading teams, and assisting with establishing our presence in new opportunities.
- You’ll get to work with industry leading, globally recognized clients in various industries such as Financial Services, Life Sciences, Consumer Retail, Insurance… and the list goes on.
Required Qualifications to be Successful in this Role:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development
- Proficient in the following tech:
- Spring, Spring Boot
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.