Intermediate .Net Developer
This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it. We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and we’re still growing! We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Do you want to be:
- Challenged technically within a financial services environment
- Join a team of elite professionals
- Grow and be recognized for excellence and innovation
Our client is one of Canada’s big five banks and we are working with one of their Capital Market teams on their high volume reporting engine. This engine takes in transactions from various systems and applies logic to determine who it should be reported to and then sends to the different regulators. We are seeking candidates with a solid understanding of computer science and how that relates to the application of C#, ASP.NET as a coding solution.
In addition to technical excellence we are looking for candidates with strong and confident communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- At least 5 years of professional development experience
- NET, C#, SQL, Node JS, REST
- Strong SQL development skills
- Experience writing unit tests
- Must work with teams in Toronto
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of key concepts (security, performance, multithreading, recursion, etc).
Nice to haves:
- Some capital market experience would be good but at a minimum commercial banking experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical eye for detail
- Positive attitude
- Able to multitask effectively
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Able to work within a globally distributed team
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.