Intermediate Automation Tester
Hello Atlantic Canada! We are urgently seeking talented individuals to join our team at CGI. If you are an Intermediate Automation Tester, then please keep reading.
What’s it like working at CGI in Atlantic Canada?
We are committed to your career progression and we backup this up by investing in your learning and development, leveraging our member management framework to ensure you are supported, and providing you access to talented and accessible SMEs for mentorship. You can progress your career at the pace of your ability, initiative, and value you bring to clients. Our team has a diverse and inclusive culture, flexible work location arrangements, and relocation assistance. We are growing new teams in new industries, which affords you opportunity as a senior member, to expand your role and influence, by leading teams, and assisting with establishing our presence in new opportunities.
You’ll get to work with industry leading, globally recognized clients in various industries such as Financial Services, Life Sciences, Consumer Retail, Insurance… and the list goes on.
We offer a very competitive total compensation package including a share purchase matching program, profit participation program, health spending account, and more!
Those in this role will :
- Work with the teams to develop automated UI and API tests
- Work with the teams to build and maintain their automated regression tests
- Introduce relevant testing approaches into the teams (e.g. TDD / BDD)
- Build relevant test information radiators and dashboards to report on quality and support rapid feedback cycles, promote a ‘stop-the-line’ mentality within the teams
- Work with the teams to triage and rapidly resolve defects
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the maturation of the IT QA/QC function and the overall SDLC/PMLC.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for IT QA/QC to promote a culture of good quality practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with UI automation tools (such as Selenium)
- Experience with API testing tools (such as SoapUI / Postman)
- Experience with agile workflow tools (such as Jira / Azure DevOps)
- Experience with working within continuous delivery environments
- TestComplete, Qmetry, UFT, QTP, or similar tools for desktop and mobile application testing.
- Relevant programming skills (such as Python / Java / C++ / SQL)
- Strong understanding of and experience testing solutions built with Salesforce
- Excellent time management, planning and multi-tasking skills to support more than 1 testing campaign at the same time
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone, video, etc.)
- Other good to have exposure or skills: Lightning Component Framework, Apex, Visualforce, Automated Performance Testing, Automated Security Testing (SCA, DCA, PEN)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create. Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.