- Halifax, NS
- Full-time – Permanent
As an Integration Specialist working on simulation products at Bluedrop, you will be a member of the team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining advanced VR and MR simulation training systems throughout the product evolution. You will work closely with the systems engineering, software development and production teams to seamlessly incorporate a variety of 3rd party technologies (hardware and software) into our simulation products using leading edge technology.
What you will be doing:
- Setup and configure systems using vendor provided documentation.
- Document and execute systems setup procedures and configuration.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on hardware and software systems based on requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis and solution development
- Work closely with technology vendors to provide system level support and resolve issues.
- Participate in the architecture design, development, and documentation
- Carry out feature, regression, and integration tests across all aspects of our simulation products
- Provide both remote and on-site customer support for existing products deployed in the field.
- Required to travel to customer sites to provide hands-on technical support
- Conduct customer and field support training
- Conduct product demos
What do you need to succeed?
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Must be familiar with technical concepts of software systems such as operating systems, networking, and related performance metrics such as CPU usage, memory usage, network utilization, throughput bottlenecks, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows OS and experience using GUI-based Windows applications is essential.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills: troubleshooting; root cause analysis; find solutions.
- Extreme attention to detail, keeping to timelines and expectations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- Must be comfortable travelling to remote sites in both a product support and a customer-facing training role.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of networks and networking concepts
- Experience with software and system testing
- Software development experience an asset
- IT support experience an asset (e.g. troubleshooting networks, software, computers, etc)
What’s in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today’s modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering 100% Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).