This is an entry-level position suitable for any person with a background in training and education. As a junior ID, you will be responsible for the development of online and blended training solutions. Working effectively with Project Managers (PM), Project Lead Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Multimedia Developers, you will create custom training solutions that meet specific requirements for our defence clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to get into the e-Learning industry as Bluedrop provides a great environment to work under an awesome senior instructional design team to learn the specifics of the job.
This position would be based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Remote work is not an option.
- Working effectively with SMEs, multimedia developers, programmers, and PMO Office.
- Creating lesson plans (Lesson Design Documents) that describe the structure, content, and media presentation for a unit of learning.
- Creating lesson outlines that describe the lesson structure, high-level content, and initial media descriptions.
- Organizing content into a sequence of topics to create a lesson that aligns with the learning/training/performance objective(s).
- Creating storyboards that provide content hierarchy, navigation instructions, text, media descriptions, scripts (narrative, video, and animation), and programming notes while adhering to applicable style guides and standards.
- Making media requests, tracking media development, and incorporating developed media into target lessons.
- Building interactive and engaging courseware using e-learning authoring tools.
- Revising lessons in response to internal QA and client reviews.
- Designing and writing help systems, instructor guides and student guides; and
- Providing peer reviews and assistance to other IDs.
- Performing other instructional design duties as assigned.
- A Diploma in Instructional Design or equivalent (Bachelor of Education Degree or Certification in Adult Education).
- 1 year of experience developing instructional courseware in a technical software environment or 1 year experience in developing lesson plans or curriculum.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain NATO Secret Security Clearance.